• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Awesome Blossom

Winn

Jogging around the block
My Queen of the Night cactus (Epiphyllum oxypetalum) has bloomed!
I grew it from a cutting started around 10 years ago. Last year was the first time it bloomed. I had 3 buds on it this year. One opened last night . IMG_20221015_090021.jpg IMG_20221015_090000.jpg IMG_20221015_041348.jpg IMG_20221015_041318.jpg

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Gorgeous plant!!

Winn

Jogging around the block
Gorgeous plant!!
I had no idea what it was when I bought it. I bought a cutting for $1 (US) at a flea market. I was thrilled to see that first blossom last year.
They open at night and usually close before dawn . I was taking pics at 3 am! (I was surprised it was still open after the sun came up.. got more pics!)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Would you share a pic of the whole plant please? Such a pretty flower :)

Winn

Jogging around the block
Would you share a pic of the whole plant please? Such a pretty flower :)
I can't get a picture of the whole plant right now. It's close to night and my flash won't allow me to be far enough away. The main stems that the flowers grow from are close to 2 meters long and the plant has 3 of those branching in different directions. I did get a pic of the cactus "leaves". IMG_20221015_191421.jpg

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I can't get a picture of the whole plant right now. It's close to night and my flash won't allow me to be far enough away. The main stems that the flowers grow from are close to 2 meters long and the plant has 3 of those branching in different directions. I did get a pic of the cactus "leaves". View attachment 415013
Thank you :)

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
Beautiful