• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Awaiting a baby to be weaned!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Tough decision! Since I already have a Jardine's I think the Cape would work better here, but without that factor I don't know who I'd choose!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Welcome. I love both Pionus and Poi's. I have a Senegal and lost a Pionus last fall. I would have a hard time choosing.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
You can see both on Parrot Bliss, a Youtube channel.

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
I think I’d go with the Pionus. They are such sweet quiet birds. Except for when they’re not.

haze

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sam
I’m getting my Cape today!!!!
You picked the cape after all? Exciting! Please post pictures when you get a chance!! There are hardly any cape parrots on this site so it will be very exciting to get to see your baby!!!

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
I think these guys (poicephalus) would be really fun goofy babies.

BirdyGirly

Meeting neighbors
Hello! Nice to “meet” you all! So, I’ve been researching which type of parrot I’d be a good fit for, and have come down to two, which are both still a little while away from being weaned… It’s between a White Capped Pionus and a Cape Parrot, both of which I adore, but am having trouble deciding between… Any advice from personal experience with either one or in general would be so appreciated! Thank you!
⭐UPDATE⭐
We had decided on a Cape Parrot, found Clementine, but she had gotten sick right before she was set to come home, and so the breeder did not feel comfortable with us taking her at all as he felt it best to monitor her himself for the unforeseeable future. I’m beyond distraught, but my husband despises seeing me upset, so he found an available male Cape for us whom is in our state and only a few hours away. It turned out to be the very same place that we were originally getting a Pionus from, but we decided not to, and they were wonderful, kind and understanding. So, we named our Cape Matcha (after the green tea that I love!) and he is being switched to one hand feeding a day, so hopefully he’ll be a weaning rock star, and come home soon. I absolutely love this place where I’m getting Matcha from, and feel he’s having fun and getting the best care from their Team, so I can be be at peace with him being there while we wait. Thank you for going through this roller coaster of a journey with me!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Congratulations.