• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

AviCalm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzysmama

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I saw a product called AviCalm, it's for screaming, biting, plucking and such. It contains green tea and the product says that you cannot overdose by using it. I have a quaker that I adopted and she screams all day long. She is stressed because this is a new home and she does not play with toys. I have to wonder if this is his form of self entertainment, but the screaming becomes a bit much to handle lately. This is the loudest quaker I have ever met. Has anyone tried this product and if so, has it worked for you? I also found out that she is a chronic egg layer. thanks for any help you can give me.:):rolleyes:

Zeb

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Zeb
I have tried it in addition to other Avi-tec products. I intended them for a plucking umbrella cockatoo, but I've used it with the other birds.

In the first month, my Umbrella let his bare chest grow back into fluff......but it only lasted a little while. He later went back to picking, however, this is a far different situation than yours. It can't hurt to try it.... :)

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
I saw a product called AviCalm, it's for screaming, biting, plucking and such. It contains green tea and the product says that you cannot overdose by using it. I have a quaker that I adopted and she screams all day long. She is stressed because this is a new home and she does not play with toys. I have to wonder if this is his form of self entertainment, but the screaming becomes a bit much to handle lately. This is the loudest quaker I have ever met. Has anyone tried this product and if so, has it worked for you? I also found out that she is a chronic egg layer. thanks for any help you can give me.:):rolleyes:
I use it for one of my birds that is genereally "high strung", screams, plucks, won't play with toys, and is hormonal. it has been working really well from june until last week when the hormome overload hit. she doesn't scream as much, has been nibbling on a couple toys, and lessened the plucking some. if she's a chronic egg layer you may want to ask your avian vet about lupron injections and see what they think. would keep her from laying and has reduced hormonal behavior in some birds. i do highly recommend the avicalm, though. good luck with your birdie:)

orphansparrow

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
oh! i'm so glad i stumbled across this, though it's a little old. i think i'm going to order some avicalm for duckie. she's extremely stressed since we moved.
i too wonder how this has worked for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.