• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Aviator Harness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cattoes7

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Debi
My brother in law bought us an aviator harness for Lizzy! I'm excited! I've wanted one of these but just haven't had the extra money to get one!I haven't watched the video yet and probably won't have a chance to for a few days. Before I get started with the training I'll watch it but wanted to know if any of you had any tips/tricks for me on using it? Also wondering if both my hubby and I should work on the training with Lizzy or should it just be one of us primarily doing it?Lizzy's a TAG if that makes any difference. Thanks!~Debi

bongo

Moving in
Bongo was scared of it at first, but we just left it alone near his cage and he got used to it. I would suggest dangling it over Lizzy's wings before actually putting it on, so she isn't afraid of it. I don't think that they like things on their wings! We find that it is a small struggle to put it on, but as soon as Bongo has it on we go outside. He gets distracted by everything outside, so he forgets about it right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.