• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Aviary arrived!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

igors mum

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
deb
they look happy in it . didnt stress them out any moving them they are right at home eating lol. wish i could have one here but dont have a yard really lol.

sophiamarini

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sophia
Actually Deb, they didn't really eat much this afternoon they were to busy exploring/freaking out, and I did prepare an extra special afternoon tea with a juicy mango seed to munch on. I was just out the back hanging some washing (yes, I do washing in the middle of the night lol) and I heard them have a little fright, I think it will take them a while to get used to it - they definitely were not 'at ease' this afternoon.

igors mum

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
deb
aww poor guys they looked really happy in the pics though. hopefully they will settle in soon.i dont know if its just a igor thing or a alex thing. but i know if i move his perch he tries to walk where it used to be and it aint there lol. maybe thats what was freaking them out also.

sophiamarini

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sophia
They were ok when I was there talking with them at the back door or the aviary but they were calling for me when I went inside and them I could peek out the winder and see them hanging upside down inthe top corner trying to see me. LOL

sophiamarini

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sophia
The big guys seem to be very happy and at ease this afternoon, and I think I am going to get so much more bang for my buck food and toy wise. Is stead of just dropping something on the floor and leaving it, they are able to just pick it back up again and continue eating/playing!

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
That looks great but the only thing I see wrong to me is, the chain that hangs the forging treats is basically looped, could cause some sort of entrapment.

So how do you reach at the far end which would be opposite of your door? So what about the cold, will these guys stay outside year round or is this just a daytime aviary?

sophiamarini

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sophia
I know that they chain with the foraging cage is looped but I made it wide at the top so it is really a triangle, they could not get stuck in it.
There is a door at both ends (even thought the door at the front is pretty small!)
My guys stay out year round, our winters are not that cold and they have been breed and reared outside.

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
WOW, Sophia, that looks great! I'm sure they'll get used to it soon and hopefully they'll notice that the now have plenty of space for flying :dancing:

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
Wow that looks amazing and they look so happy in there too!

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
That looks great. I would sooooo love to have an aviary. Maybe I should move downunder :)
:hehe:

MN to Australia.....now that would be quite the climate change :)

The aviary looks soo nice!!

They have tons of room to play and travel by foot or flight!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I love it! And your updates are very helpful for anyone else contemplating an aviary. I like how it has two doors. :D

Do you have to worry about rain?

sophiamarini

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sophia
Do you have to worry about rain?
Nope! They love the rain, whether it be day, night, summer or winter they love to get out in the rain and even if they want to get out of the weather the sheltered end is nice and dry and cozy.

Thank you everyone for the nice comments, we are very happy with it and are glad to see Xander and Lola spreading their wings too!

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Sophia us folks in the states always worry about rain, I think it is in our DNA.

Sounds like down under it isn't that big of a deal to birds or people. lol

sophiamarini

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sophia
Sophia us folks in the states always worry about rain, I think it is in our DNA.

Sounds like down under it isn't that big of a deal to birds or people. lol
Kristy - we are practically always in drought here, so when it does rain or we go into rainy/storm season we go outside and have a party! And so do the birds! lol

Singing in the rain!! Just singing in the rain!!
What a glorious feeling, I'm happy again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.