• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

SWS Avian Stainless SWS Update

Deejo

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
We've shipped quite a few SWS orders. Lots more will be shipping this week.

Please be patient.
We offered great prices that will never be repeated; some toys were as low as 30% off - so all of you SWS shoppers are getting safely welded stainless steel toys at rock bottom pricing.

Thank you again for all the orders!

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Thanks! I'm patiently but anxiously waiting for my first order which was shipped Monday.
I hope/wish it will be here tomorrow. Do you know if they are trackable at all?
Danita sent a package on a Friday & it got here the following Wednesday so I'm hoping it will be here soon.

I just want to watch out for it so I don't have to wrestle it away from the neighbors kids...LOL

Deejo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
Thanks! I'm patiently but anxiously waiting for my first order which was shipped Monday.
I hope/wish it will be here tomorrow. Do you know if they are trackable at all?
Danita sent a package on a Friday & it got here the following Wednesday so I'm hoping it will be here soon.

I just want to watch out for it so I don't have to wrestle it away from the neighbors kids...LOL
The majority of SWS orders were for small toys; those were sent primarily without tracking, since everyone wanted the more inexpensive shipping.
To upgrade to tracked package, would have added significant cost to postage fees per order.

Do you get mail delivery on Sundays? I didn't think that was an option in the US?
I would expect your order to be there Monday or Tuesday.

We're on an Island - so our parcels do not reach the US as quickly as Danita's/T4W. She is on the mainland.

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
We've shipped quite a few SWS orders. Lots more will be shipping this week.

Please be patient.
We offered great prices that will never be repeated; some toys were as low as 30% off - so all of you SWS shoppers are getting safely welded stainless steel toys at rock bottom pricing.

Thank you again for all the orders!
Definitely super excited and also super patient here. Very very very appreciative as well. I keep mentioning the toy base because I'm obsessed and can't help muself, but no rush. Weeble doesn't even know so she won't mind waiting, lol.:loveshower:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Deejo The USPS is now delivering packages on Sunday....no regular mail, though, just pkgs.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
@Deejo The USPS is now delivering packages on Sunday....no regular mail, though, just pkgs.
Is that in certain states or all over? :huh: I haven't heard of such a thing here in Florida.

Definitely super excited and also super patient here. Very very very appreciative as well. I keep mentioning the toy base because I'm obsessed and can't help muself, but no rush. Weeble doesn't even know so she won't mind waiting, lol.:loveshower:
Meeeeee too. I'm super excited for the little toys. Sherbie has loved every toy from AS so far, aside from the spoon one. Spoons are for medication and head rubs, according to him.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
The majority of SWS orders were for small toys; those were sent primarily without tracking, since everyone wanted the more inexpensive shipping.
To upgrade to tracked package, would have added significant cost to postage fees per order.

Do you get mail delivery on Sundays? I didn't think that was an option in the US?
I would expect your order to be there Monday or Tuesday.
We're on an Island - so our parcels do not reach the US as quickly as Danita's/T4W. She is on the mainland.

Thanks, Regular shipping is fine. I was just thinking Danita & yourself were on the west coast but was unaware that you were in a remote location. Oh, I see Vancouver Island I guess I thought that was Vancouver. Sorry, I don't know much geography & haven't had many parcels from Canada & generally would not buy anything from there as have had some take really long times with customs.
I was pleasantly surprised that T4W got here so fast.

Just one more question so I can judge if it will fit in my mailbox or if they will leave it outside my apt door.
Is it a box or a padded envelope? My mailbox is not that wide but its tall. If it doesn't fit no problem as the mailman leaves it outside the apt doors as we have a locked gate in front.

@iamwhoiam Gosh Sunday package delivery? That is news to me. So maybe it will come tomorrow?
I still prefer USPS over UPS anyway as they do deliver at least on Sat & are still pretty good about not losing anything. They have a key to the post boxes too so they get in without a problem. If UPS can't get you they leave you a note so you can go pick it up at there far away location in no man's land! It' a very scary place.

Yeah for USPS!

:dance4:

Still can't find anything on USPS site about Sunday delivery. They did it in 2014 during the holiday season & were trying to do a deal with Amazon but I really can't find any real concrete info it they do or not.

Last edited:

Deejo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris

Thanks, Regular shipping is fine. I was just thinking Danita & yourself were on the west coast but was unaware that you were in a remote location. Oh, I see Vancouver Island I guess I thought that was Vancouver. Sorry, I don't know much geography & haven't had many parcels from Canada & generally would not buy anything from there as have had some take really long times with customs.
I was pleasantly surprised that T4W got here so fast.

Just one more question so I can judge if it will fit in my mailbox or if they will leave it outside my apt door.
Is it a box or a padded envelope? My mailbox is not that wide but its tall. If it doesn't fit no problem as the mailman leaves it outside the apt doors as we have a locked gate in front.
It will fit in your mailbox, although after shipping lots of SWS orders plus dozens & dozens of non SWS orders, I cannot recall if we used a box or padded envelope for yours, sorry.
Yes, Vancouver Island is a 90 minute ferry ride from Vancouver. We're not exactly what I'd call "remote" but certainly not the huge city where T4W is.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
@Deejo
No pics as it was late but got my A/S order . It was in a box & it fit in my mailbox!

Anyways I was elated to shake the jingling box as I brought it back to my apt with glee like it was Christmas.
:chipmunks:

Nice yellow wrapping paper enclosed a yellow mesh draw string bag with the gleaming goodies wrapped in plastic.
I took them out with excitement & was really pleased. I was in awe of the quality. They are the Rolls Royce of toys.

:bliss::yahoo:

They are so nice! Especially the low key as its a heavier stainless in most parts than the mini bell. It's glorious!!! The sound of the bells & the dangles on low key is impressive & its very long. Mini Bell is bells & I love bells!
I love the quick link hangers too! Very nice quality!:heart:

I spent an hour dangling the toys for Rio to see & listen too. He didn't seem too scared & was interested. I took a chance & put the mini bells in. He actually was playing with it. He loves the pink stars & was tugging at the bell! I was so proud of him!!!! He hardly ever plays with toys. :cloud9:

I'll see where to put Low Key in tomorrow as I really didn't want to put new toys in too late in case he was scared but he's OK with the mini bells & sleeping on a perch not too far away from them.

I guess my Rio has really good taste in toys!!!:cheer:

I'm really hard to please & so is Rio but these toys are masterpieces. True works of art!!!

:loveshower:

OK time for bed as tomorrow is Low Key Day! Hoping to hear Rio making some sweet sounds with his new toys!

Thanks Doris
:hug8:

Deejo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
@Deejo

I'm really hard to please & so is Rio but these toys are masterpieces. True works of art!!!

:loveshower:

OK time for bed as tomorrow is Low Key Day! Hoping to hear Rio making some sweet sounds with his new toys!

Thanks Doris
:hug8:
Glad to hear that you and Rio like the toys you selected. Thanks for such nice comments!

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Patience is my middle name........ NOT!!!

But I'll work on it for you and your wonderful toys :p
:birdance:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I heard some jingle bells today! Rio likes his A/S. :dance4:

My order was early Friday morning as I really wanted to make sure I got Low Key. I added Mini bells on Sunday. It was a long 3 day sale so I imagine there were lots of orders as well as additions to orders.
Doris had a lot of juggling to do as the multiple orders had to be coordinated into one shipment.
Doris had my order out Monday morning. She really works fast but she packs them well.
You will really be in for a nice surprise if it's your first A/S order.

Shipping was pretty fast about a week to west coast of US. They are worth the wait.

Last edited:

Beanurita

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Melissa
I am VERY VERY VERY patient......take your time on mine......I know I can use a bit more time with EVERYTHING! Life is crazy all the way around!!

Thanks for offering the AMAZING prices to us AAers! You ROCK!!

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
@Deejo do we get an email notice when our orders ship so we know it's on the way and to keep an eye out for it? I know there isn't tracking so I was just wondering if we'd get any kind of notice. Still being patient, but am so excited I'm starting to feel like I'm stalking my own mailbox, lol.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I got an email last Monday after the SWS that my order shipped.

@Deejo
I noticed you paid more for shipping than the $9.95 I paid so I sent the additional
payment by paypal to the email you have listed on paypal.
It wasn't much but I hate to see you lose money on postage.

Thanks Again!

Last edited:

Deejo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
@Deejo do we get an email notice when our orders ship so we know it's on the way and to keep an eye out for it? I know there isn't tracking so I was just wondering if we'd get any kind of notice. Still being patient, but am so excited I'm starting to feel like I'm stalking my own mailbox, lol.
If you ordered via our web site, you will get a notice. If by PayPal invoice, I would need to do that manually. I'll check this morning.

Deejo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
I got an email last Monday after the SWS that my order shipped.

@Deejo
I noticed you paid more for shipping than the $9.95 I paid so I sent the additional
payment by paypal to the email you have listed on paypal.
It wasn't much but I hate to see you lose money on postage.

Thanks Again!
Oh no!! You should NOT have done that! It's just fine, it wasn't necessary but thank you.

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
If you ordered via our web site, you will get a notice. If by PayPal invoice, I would need to do that manually. I'll check this morning.
Thanks! I did do PayPal, btw.

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
Looks like your order will ship today or tomorrow. I'll let you know, but no tracking for small packages.
Ok that sounds great! Will keep an eye out for it in about a week or so. Thanks Doris!