• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Avian Solution RX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
Last edited:

Lynne

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lynne
I use that on Squeaky and no big change for me so far.
If you see results you should send Leo an email and some pictures, he is very helpful and informative.
I also noticed it makes my hands soft.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
How is Squeaky doing?

Ginger

Lynne

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lynne
About the same poor boy, as you know he has polyfolliculitis on his neck and rump. One good thing is out of the 6 that he had on his neck one one keeps growing back and so far only one on his rump. He is still itchy ALL of the time both of us are exhausted.
I would say he spends 50 mins out of an hour 24/7 itching. He has been on antihistimines but they have the oppisite effect and make him hyper.
There is another one I want to talk to the vet about trying.
I am not sure what the out come is going to be yet it's going on 10 months.
:hug8::hug8:

Barb

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Barb
I'm using this right now as well on my B&G Macaw ! Keeping my fingers crossed....;)

Darlie

Moving in
Real Name
Darlene
I am seeing this a lil' late and had seriously considered this product UNTIL I researched the ingredients. "Electrolyzed 100% oxidizing water" means BLEACH! It's used as a broad spectrum disinfectant and although it's not really poisonous, it loses its efficacy in a very short period of time after opening

Electrolysed water (EOW or EO, also known as electrolyzed oxidizing water, electro-activated water or electro-chemically activated water solution) is produced by the electrolysis of ordinary tap water containing dissolved sodium chloride.[1] The electrolysis of such salt solutions produces a solution of sodium hypochlorite, which is the most common ingredient in store-bought household bleach
Electrolysed water - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

Red Jasper

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Elizabeth
Hi there,

I would like to correct the above poster by stating the electrolysed water is not bleach in and of itself.

Electrolysis is the method of administering an electric current to derive a reaction that would not occur on its own.

Electrolysed water, by the definition posted, is the derived reaction of adding electric current to regular tap water containing dissolved sodium chloride.

Zapping water like this produces another a solution of sodium hypochlorite. It is the sodium hypochlorite that is *one of the ingredients* in common household bleach.

Here is a rather informative article on what Electrolysed water actually is, what its proposed use is and where it comes from. Please keep in mind the content therein is regarding the cleansing/cleaning of live stock pre and post slaughter :

http://www.meatupdate.csiro.au/new/Electrolysed Water.pdf

sfbomar

Moving in
Real Name
Sherry
Thanks for the info. My conure seems to be some better since I have settled down and really have not had the time to obsess on his situation. I will try the med. At this point, I cannot see how it could hurt.
Thanks,
Sherry

Tamara

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tamara R Money
How has it gone? I'm trying to break a habit that BeBe has picked up!

Status
Not open for further replies.