• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Avian Antics - Exciting News and Some not so exciting.

avianantics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
Recently I zipped off to PA to breed my up & coming Red girl to the handsome guy pictured. Expecting puppies mid-Sept. Hard to explain in short form, but this breeding (not necessarily with these 2 dogs, but combining these lines has been 8 years in the making).
Additionally, we have Family coming this year from France that we haven't seen in over 5 years! Including 2 new great-Nieces. They will be here for an extended period over the Holidays.

From about 2 weeks before my pretty lady whelps and an entire 12 weeks thereafter, I am pretty much homebound and out of commission. Since our France family visit comes on the heels of puppies, our plan at this point is to shut down Avian Antics the end of August or sooner if necessary until after the New Year. I sent out a newsletter announcing this last night and already with the order that came in last night and today, we are about 2 weeks out. Meaning, if you place an order NOW, it will be approx 2 weeks plus/minus a few days either way before it ships. We want all orders completed and shipped by the end of August and if get to where we have all we can handle in that time frame we will shut the store down sooner. BOTTOM LINE - IF YOU GOING TO NEED WOOD BEFORE NEXT YEAR, GET YOUR ORDER IN ASAP!

We are only doing Natural Wood and toy parts. NO colored wood and NO toys at the moment, I sold out of everything I had made up. If I get a chance to assemble, I will put them on the website.

If it helps so you can stock up for the remainder of the year, we can do Layaway. Just email me at orders@aviananticsboutique.com and I will tell you how to do that.

I'm sorry, but not too sorry. We are just very excited!

The expectant parents:
GCH Caleb's On Eagles Wings NJP ACT1 NA NAJ ROM (aka Ben) & Shelian's A Thousand Words (aka Whisper)
Ben-Whisp.jpg

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Oooh beautiful Dobermans! Good luck with the puppies! :starshower1:

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That sire has a lot of titles; seems impressive. Would you mind telling us what they mean for us non-dog people? :)

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Are these parents come from champion lines, like Westminster dog show level? Are u breeding the puppies to sell or keep? Btw they are gorgeous dobermans!

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
GCH Caleb's On Eagles Wings NJP ACT1 NA NAJ ROM (aka Ben)
I know the three letters at the beginning stand for Grand Champion, he is one gorgeous dog! As is your beautiful lady!!
Have fun with your puppies!

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Are these parents come from champion lines, like Westminster dog show level? Are u breeding the puppies to sell or keep? Btw they are gorgeous dobermans!

I googled the titles because I only recognized GCH as grand champion, which aussiebird indicated. The other ones are
Novice Agility Jumper Preferred
Agility Course Test 1
Novice Agility
Novice Agility Jumper
Register of Merit

The dam has a pedigree full of titled dogs, which you can see here Doberman Pedigree Database

Both dogs have excellent genetics and potential to produce quality dobes.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Recently I zipped off to PA to breed my up & coming Red girl to the handsome guy pictured. Expecting puppies mid-Sept. Hard to explain in short form, but this breeding (not necessarily with these 2 dogs, but combining these lines has been 8 years in the making).
Additionally, we have Family coming this year from France that we haven't seen in over 5 years! Including 2 new great-Nieces. They will be here for an extended period over the Holidays.

From about 2 weeks before my pretty lady whelps and an entire 12 weeks thereafter, I am pretty much homebound and out of commission. Since our France family visit comes on the heels of puppies, our plan at this point is to shut down Avian Antics the end of August or sooner if necessary until after the New Year. I sent out a newsletter announcing this last night and already with the order that came in last night and today, we are about 2 weeks out. Meaning, if you place an order NOW, it will be approx 2 weeks plus/minus a few days either way before it ships. We want all orders completed and shipped by the end of August and if get to where we have all we can handle in that time frame we will shut the store down sooner. BOTTOM LINE - IF YOU GOING TO NEED WOOD BEFORE NEXT YEAR, GET YOUR ORDER IN ASAP!

We are only doing Natural Wood and toy parts. NO colored wood and NO toys at the moment, I sold out of everything I had made up. If I get a chance to assemble, I will put them on the website.

If it helps so you can stock up for the remainder of the year, we can do Layaway. Just email me at orders@aviananticsboutique.com and I will tell you how to do that.

I'm sorry, but not too sorry. We are just very excited!

The expectant parents:
GCH Caleb's On Eagles Wings NJP ACT1 NA NAJ ROM (aka Ben) & Shelian's A Thousand Words (aka Whisper)
View attachment 389664

Beautiful dogs! Should be some obedience/working prospects there with great structure. I've always liked dobermans.

avianantics

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
That sire has a lot of titles; seems impressive. Would you mind telling us what they mean for us non-dog people? :)

GCH = Grand Champion
NJP = Novice Jumpers with Weaves Preferred (Agility)
ACT1 = Agility Course Test 1
NA = Novice Agility
NAJ = Novice Agility Jumper
ROM = Register of Merit (for this title a dog must have earned an AKC Champion title, a Performance title and passed the Working Aptitude Exam (which is a temperament test of sorts, showing that the
dog is stable, steady, bold, friendly but protective when needed.)

Unfortunately, COVID nixed the show plans for my Female. She was scheduled to hit the show ring Spring of 2020, however shows were cancelled and that didn't happen. Shows have just recently started back up, but as she is now 3, it was time to breed.
I generally only breed my girls twice in their lifetime. It is important that the first breeding be early, generally by age 3, then if all goes well they may be bred again 1 or 2 years later, then spayed. Whisper is a very athletic girl and will hit the show ring for her CH title, obedience and agility titles after puppies.

avianantics

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
I googled the titles because I only recognized GCH as grand champion, which aussiebird indicated. The other ones are
Novice Agility Jumper Preferred
Agility Course Test 1
Novice Agility
Novice Agility Jumper
Register of Merit

The dam has a pedigree full of titled dogs, which you can see here Doberman Pedigree Database

Both dogs have excellent genetics and potential to produce quality dobes.
Yes, both dogs are from Champion lines. Whisper's sire's titles are GCH, WAC, RN LC-11L. He will be 12 in October and is still alive, well and causing trouble. Both his parents were Champions.
Whisper's dam is a dual Champion AKC and UKC and is just 3 points away from her GCH title. Her sire was an AKC GCH, UKC CH, RO3 (Rally Obedience Advanced) and NTD (Novice Trick Dog). Her Dam was never shown. Our move, heat cycles and a litter of puppies have delayed her completing her GCH and performance titles. She is now 8, spayed and retired. I may drag her out after Whispers litter to complete a performance title or two. When I have a bred pretty lady, no dog leaves the property until puppies are in their new homes. For those curious I have attached the upcoming litter's pedigree. Dog's names shown in RED are Champions.

Attachments

Last edited:

avianantics

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
I breed first for myself and generally keep or co-own a puppy or two to further my breeding program. As much as one might like to you simply cannot keep them all. Thus some are placed in proven show/performance homes and some are placed in well vetted companion homes.