• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Average Price of a Linnie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

christypooh402

Walking the driveway
The pet store here can "order" :huh: linnies through their supplier for $250. Is this a good price? I haven't been able to find a breeder here (near Jacksonville, FL) and I have no idea what they normally go for. I hate to purchase from a pet store. They already said that they wouldn't know a hatch date, which I think is odd. And for that kind of money, I want a sweet handfed socialized baby, which they also can't guarantee. Seems odd to me.:confused:

Cydney

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cydney
I'd pass and continue looking for a respectable breeder. $250 for a bird from a supplier screams 'run away' to me. Check out Visual Wings, I think they're in Florida? http://www.grassparakeet.com/index.htm Don't know much about them though.

Last edited:

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Pet stores often charge more than breeders because of the whole middle man thing, so that seems normal to me. Linnies often go from $150-$300.

tammie

Real Name
Tammie
go to birdbreeders.com and look under FL and see if you can find a breeder. There is a bird show in Orlando on Sunday. There is a guy there that breeds Linnies and he has a lot of the new mutation colors. I wouldn't be afraid to purchase a bird from him, he has quality birds and keeps them in an enclosed area at the show.

AkCrimson

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Hillari
Last edited:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Where are you at? I know of a great breeder in Cali,who will ship that will possiblely have Linnie babies,and she will raise them right. PM me if you would like to see her site:)

AkCrimson

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Hillari
Where are you at? I know of a great breeder in Cali,who will ship that will possiblely have Linnie babies,and she will raise them right. PM me if you would like to see her site:)
Florida

The pet store here can "order" :huh: linnies through their supplier for $250. Is this a good price? I haven't been able to find a breeder here (near Jacksonville, FL) and I have no idea what they normally go for. I hate to purchase from a pet store. They already said that they wouldn't know a hatch date, which I think is odd. And for that kind of money, I want a sweet handfed socialized baby, which they also can't guarantee. Seems odd to me.:confused:

MBS

Jogging around the block
I know of a highly recommended breeder here in CA too. She just had a lot of her pairs lay eggs and a few have hatched. I don't have a linnie, but I hear that she's amazing with her birds. I'm sure all of her birds would be sweet, cuddly, and playful. It might be worth it to get one from her even if you have to ship. PM me if you want to get her information.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

jennluna

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenn
You're more likely to find exactly what you're looking for if you're willing to have your baby shipped to you. Average prices for a handfed baby are usually somewhere around $150 and up, depending on color. Shipping is about $125 on top of that. Check out The Linnie Forum--tons of information about breeders there and most of the top notch breeders are members.

Status
Not open for further replies.