• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Average Bird Weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
Remember this is just an Average chart
You need to take into considering the bird it self , every one is different, every one is built differently I have 20 plus budgies, I have some Petite, some average and some that look chunky but are not overweight at all

it also depends on what they eat, how much they eat and how much they exercise

Birds are like people INDIVIDUALS

you can put 15- 20 year old Females that are all 5'6 in one room and not 1 will be the same as the next, they'll all be built differently and weigh different amounts.

as long as your bird is not extremely under the average weight or extremely over the average weight, I'd think your bird is fine, but no one knows better than an Avian vet

Again this is just an AVERAGE Weight chart

CrashSmAshley

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Ashley
Wonderful!!! It says on average a GCC should be anywhere from 60-80 grams...I weighed Nitro and she was 0.14lbs (63.5g)! I always knew she was tiny for her breed and I'm glad she has a healthy weight :) Ever since I've been giving her a varied diet with supplements and kelp she has turned out beautiful!

MollyMouse

Biking along the boulevard
Luckys last vet visit he weighed 47grams it says the average for a peach face is 45-70grams. I guess he is on the small side but he sure loves to eat!! :hehe:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I am doing some research on magnas and they seem to be a subspecies of double yellow head with much more yellow on the head and red on the wings and get the colors younger. They are also supposed to be much larger than the normal double yellow heads.
They also get the yellow head feathers that start to tip in red as they get older...they truly are magnificent.

Status
Not open for further replies.