• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Avairy building (100l, 15-20b , height to be decided

Mv birdhea

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Umair Mohamed rasheedh
Hi guys im Sd from maldives, im a father to a cockatiel a ringneck and 2 conures, penny(cockatiel),doodle(green cheek conure), bell(sun conure) lulu(ringeck)
Me and their mom are currently drawing up plans for an outdoor aviary(play area) for our babies. We are on a tropical island chain, kindly suggest materials,Height with consideration towards their safety and happiness , ease of maintenance and cleaning, security, weathering as this will be an outdoor aviary, Out side decor ideas, specs for inside etc
Pics Of the area will be uploaded soon

wed like for them to enjoy outside with supervision and some day without supervision, enjoy the sun go nuts we are almost always with them and the whole family really loves them, when its time and if possible for them even breed if they chose to, right now they are quite young we want this to be a place where we hang with them outdoors, and wed not fear them accidentally get lost during a flight, where they could get proper exercise

any and all suggestions will be appreciated,

Mv birdhea

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Umair Mohamed rasheedh
Also some of you guys might already know maldives for those that don’t, its right on the equator, we get 2 seasons max, a sunny and rainy one, though one could say its mostly sunny, its about 37 degrees average. So kindly concider the weather as well. Id love ideas on the interior, ive heard breeding cages are about 6ft L * 2 b * 4h, if its a good idea id love to house their private cages in the larger aviary, and i wanna make it so that incase they wanna breed, its enough space for a breeding pair,

Reactions: Ali

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
If you are not familiar with handraising chicks, own the equipment needed if you need to intervene to save babies and know all the extra health needs and risks involved then it may be best to not encourage breeding. Birds can and do suffer greatly when inexperienced unprepared owners allow them to breed.
As for your aviary- I think you may get some wonderful ideas if you are willing to share the area you wish to place it and the largest size you are willing to build the aviary.

Mv birdhea

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Umair Mohamed rasheedh
If you are not familiar with handraising chicks, own the equipment needed if you need to intervene to save babies and know all the extra health needs and risks involved then it may be best to not encourage breeding. Birds can and do suffer greatly when inexperienced unprepared owners allow them to breed.
As for your aviary- I think you may get some wonderful ideas if you are willing to share the area you wish to place it and the largest size you are willing to build the aviary.
Quite familiar with handraising, I grew up with birds all around me and have learned to raise since I was a kid,and right now as I'm asking for suggestions on building an aviary. Wouldn't that be considered getting prepared ? My birds are kept free all day long they are only in their cages during the night to sleep. They are always supervised when out of their cages thought we can leave them alone for a while they get along really well. Except the ringneck

Mv birdhea

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Umair Mohamed rasheedh
And on the topic of inexperienced breeders, didn't everyone that is a successful breeder today start at some point? And isn't someone prepared to learn everything and absolutely loves and cares unconditionally someone who would make a good breeder? Im planning to take a vet course so I understand better than I do now. Not because I plan to breed but because I wanna be able to take care of them better than I already do. Hehe

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Hello!

Think about watching this thread. It us about my aviary (currently under construction), and we fill hopefully get to the interior soon, to give you a few ideas...

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
@Mv birdhea In regards to height, ours has a pitched roof, but at the centre is about 1.8 meters tall. I would say 1.5m to 2m is probably about right.

Are all your birds out together during the day? Will they be all kept in the same aviary?

Mv birdhea

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Umair Mohamed rasheedh
@Mv birdhea In regards to height, ours has a pitched roof, but at the centre is about 1.8 meters tall. I would say 1.5m to 2m is probably about right.

Are all your birds out together during the day? Will they be all kept in the same aviary?
The conures and cockatiel are out together during the day, they get along really well, and stick to one another and play together but we always keep an eye on them someone's almost always there to watch them everyone at home loves them a lot. And the ringneck has her own space. And the aviary is being built specially for the 4 of them. They will come back in the house for sleeping and all,if possible the same place would be nice if not we could give them different times to go into the bigger aviary.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Our flying room roof is vaulted, sloping from 8 ft min to 15 ft max At the center.

Mv birdhea

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Umair Mohamed rasheedh
Our flying room roof is vaulted, sloping from 8 ft min to 15 ft max At the center.
So heights not much of an issue huh? 15ft sounds pretty good, and yeah it's pretty much a flying room for our babies as well

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Wow those birds are really beautiful and the place is really clean, how about the cleaning what's done to maintain it.?
Thank you. I have two girls who come every Sunday and clean the bird room inside. The flying room they wash every season a couple of times. There is no food served outside and the poops I wipe up. They only spend an hour or so outside. Indoors it’s a disaster area by Sunday lol

Mv birdhea

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Umair Mohamed rasheedh
I'm looking forward to sending some pictures of the area. I Live in the capital the area for the aviary is in an island, we haven't been there since we live in the island but our parents have recently moved there. The area needs to be cleared will be doing so soon and send pictures.