• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Avían Organics sprouts

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
Thank you for the quick shipping. I’ve started sprouting my Sprout it Out mix. So far Pitchounette has eaten everything I’ve offered her, so let’s hope she’ll like these sprouts too. D04C87B6-52B6-46E8-9262-21CEA4CE89A3.jpeg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Those look great! Let us know how Pitchounette likes them :) :bliss:

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
How long do I keep sprouting one batch? And then 2 days in the fridge?

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
Thank you for the quick shipping. I’ve started sprouting my Sprout it Out mix. So far Pitchounette has eaten everything I’ve offered her, so let’s hope she’ll like these sprouts too. View attachment 383283
@Wardy while I still know next to nothing about parronting, I have had success with sprouts so maybe I can return some of how helpful your posts have been:
1. It’s all about the seeds. Many have low germination rates.
2. Soak in water for 8 hours. I use a glass mason jar.
3. After soaking 8 hours, rinse twice each day
4. Use a mason jar with a mesh top and tilt the jar to ensure the water leaves the jar.
Tada! You’ve got sprouts
0375C138-3FF8-4198-BF72-E6656FD63768.jpeg

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Wardy while I still know next to nothing about parronting, I have had success with sprouts so maybe I can return some of how helpful your posts have been:
1. It’s all about the seeds. Many have low germination rates.
2. Soak in water for 8 hours. I use a glass mason jar.
3. After soaking 8 hours, rinse twice each day
4. Use a mason jar with a mesh top and tilt the jar to ensure the water leaves the jar.
Tada! You’ve got sprouts
View attachment 384145
Brilliant i am having no luck at all.growing them will have another go now.

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
Unrelated: 4B41AB3E-9A38-4DA9-A416-A0B4E15F9F13.jpeg And a few minutes later, I had a conure attached to my ear! She wants my eyeglasses. I’m working on getting her to hang out on anything other than me. Any tips? Help Auntie @Sparkles!

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I cant help Mojo thinks im a climbing frame

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hardest part of owning a conure, imho, is that they’re actually a strange brand of Velcro.
Teaching them stationing and to be happy by themselves is difficult, but it can be done. Depends on the tenacity of the bird. Some possess a crazy amount of sheer stubbornness- and they’ll push you to your limits! Queenie still pushes my buttons when it comes to chewing on my earrings. We’re all parents to human children so we know about consistency. What we’re up against with GCC is nature. They are naturally attuned to being inside and with a flock- all of the time. That’s how they exist. One great big flock, and if you irritate the peas out of one flock mate you get yelled at in conure language and maybe pecked by that one… that’s easily fixed by flying off and finding a different flock mate to chew on.
I reward independence and alone time. I also stick to a pretty normal schedule/routine. You and @Wardy have babies; so I will always caution you this. If it’s not going to be acceptable from an adult, don’t let a baby do it. A baby tonguing glasses gets a giggle, but a pushy 5 year old will break plastic frames if they feel like it. So I don’t let babies near my glasses in the know that if they learn now then it won’t be a huge fight when they’re adult. Queen Bean still goes for my earrings about once a week, but she’s learned that jiggling them is different than ripping them from my ears, and she stops instantly when she sees me going to remove her from my shoulder. Fairly certain all conures have impulse control issues, lol. So if she lightly wiggles my earrings and then stops, I don’t place her down. And she knows this and respects it. And it only took 5 years!

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
Hardest part of owning a conure, imho, is that they’re actually a strange brand of Velcro.
Teaching them stationing and to be happy by themselves is difficult, but it can be done. Depends on the tenacity of the bird. Some possess a crazy amount of sheer stubbornness- and they’ll push you to your limits! Queenie still pushes my buttons when it comes to chewing on my earrings. We’re all parents to human children so we know about consistency. What we’re up against with GCC is nature. They are naturally attuned to being inside and with a flock- all of the time. That’s how they exist. One great big flock, and if you irritate the peas out of one flock mate you get yelled at in conure language and maybe pecked by that one… that’s easily fixed by flying off and finding a different flock mate to chew on.
I reward independence and alone time. I also stick to a pretty normal schedule/routine. You and @Wardy have babies; so I will always caution you this. If it’s not going to be acceptable from an adult, don’t let a baby do it. A baby tonguing glasses gets a giggle, but a pushy 5 year old will break plastic frames if they feel like it. So I don’t let babies near my glasses in the know that if they learn now then it won’t be a huge fight when they’re adult. Queen Bean still goes for my earrings about once a week, but she’s learned that jiggling them is different than ripping them from my ears, and she stops instantly when she sees me going to remove her from my shoulder. Fairly certain all conures have impulse control issues, lol. So if she lightly wiggles my earrings and then stops, I don’t place her down. And she knows this and respects it. And it only took 5 years!
So first of all, I keep wanting to tell you that you’re a great writer!
Thank you for this all important universal parenting reminder not to allow now what I won’t welcome later! Having an impervious schedule is what saved my sanity as a mom of four humans so I will remember that baby birds apply the same ‘but I’m so cute” foolery as baby boys. Minutes after I removed her from my ear, I got these ‘but I’m adorable” shenanigans: 2013AF05-5E57-4CC0-A7DF-6F62ED44D3FD.jpeg