• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Austin Air Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just a heads up for any of you who have purchased or will purchase your Austin Air purifier at a site located in Canada.

I spoke to Alex from Austin Air Canada and he has informed me that the air purifiers purchased in Canada do NOT need to be registered on line or by mail for the warranty. When the item is purchased it is automatically pre-registered. This is part of Austin Air Canada's agreement with Austin Air in the US.

In addition, he told me that the motor in the machine should typically last 15 years or more.
Once the motor dies or needs to be replaced you can actually purchase *just* a new motor if you'd like and at the moment, it simply costs 90$. Alot cheaper than buying a new machine. He also said that all of their machines are painted with water based paints.

In addition, he said that it is very important to vacuum the outside of the air purifier once a month ( I do this daily).

This will help to extend your pre-filter and prevent it from being clogged. As a result, this will also help to extend your main filter.:)

Just sharing.:)

Last edited:

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
Thank you for letting me know:hug8::hug8:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks Saemma :)

I still haven't gotten mine
The put the wrong address down.
Yikes! :eek:That's a bummer. Hope they get that resolved quickly.;)

steph

Moving in
Thanks for sharing (I figured you did have to reg like us doing from being from Canada.)
You are such a great consumer!!:cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.