• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Aussie members where do you shop for bird supplies?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Hey everyone.... just wondering if any of you would be willing to share the Australian stores you use for anything bird related- toys, food and special treats, cages, stands- basically anything and everything bird related would be great.

I am well aware how great the vendors here are however shipping and exchange rates are a big kick in the butt and with our dollar dropping even further just recently I would really like to know of similar options that are closer to home.

We often have members looking for bird care and food items and as our choices don’t seem to be as vast as some of the other countries I thought it might be helpful to try to list some Aussie stores in one place for everyone to access.

Please feel free to list all your favourites or even stores you have found here but are yet to try :)

Kay3

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Karene
I’ll start!
so far I’ve only purchased from For food items:

My parrot shop-

Pet shop direct-

websites I’ve looked at for toy parts but haven’t purchased from yet:

Animal enrichment Australia- Animal Enrichment Australia | Stimulating Toys & Puzzles for your Pets

Tassie bird and poultry supplies- Tassie Bird and Poultry Supplies T/as Riverbend Farm Tasmania

Bless their cotton tails (rabbit store but stocks some bird safe items)- Pet Rabbit Toys & DIY Supplies | Australia | Bless Their Cottontails

Parrot rescue centre- Chipper Parrots - Bird Toys and Supplies - Caring for Pet Parrots

Beaky things-

Birdtalk-

Pablos bird toys-

Last edited by a moderator:

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
There is three new ones for me in that list @Kay3, I will check them out for sure.

Thank you for starting the list for me :loveshower: Hopefully I will be able to add a few more over the coming days too :)

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I will add

Parrot Supplies Australia ---Highly recommend this one, as they are affiliated with the Parrot Society of Australia and the Parrot Trust. We do good work. I proudly voted to send 10k to the Glossy Cockatoos of Kangaroo Island. They are at risk after all the bushfires.

Bird & Chicken Products: Food, Perches, Toys Online | Pet Circle

I buy most of my chicken feed and supplements at Pet Circle.

PETstock - Shop Pet Food & Supplies | 15 Min Click & Collect

I am not sure if PetStock is everywhere in Australia. I go to their store fronts. I find they have a great selection of quality stuff in their stores, I do not have experience ordering from them online. They are super sweet with my dog too. I will say though they clip their birds' wings which is a serious no-no.. maybe they will stop that practice someday.

Last edited:

LunaLovebird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
The ones I usually shop from are:

The woman who owns Animal Enrichment is wonderful and will customise anything.

Fantastic and very fast shipping.

Pretty stock standard. They used to sell some nice wooden play gyms, though I'm not sure they have had any for a while.

I have bought some cork platforms from this person and they've been great. I also think these are the people who bought the rights from Avian Stainless way back (they have a second page for that: Avian Stainless Australia).

Food I get from www.petshopdirect.com.au as they sell Harrisons in larger bags and their shipping is fast.

Yoshi&Raphi

Real Name
Raphi
This is a great thread @Shezbug

I have just recently been trying to find more parrot toy stores but the amount here is so limited. :(

Today it cost a little over $80 to buy a small conure sized avian web harness because of our dollar being so low. :depressed:

milliebird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Evie
there arent many places around here so i have to resort to online

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
I am not an Aussie, but I am loving those prices!

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I have just put in an order at a store I have not used before (Birdtalk Bird Products) for some bits and pieces for Burt's upcoming hatchday... I am excited because I finally found Mahogany pods and I have not ever seen them before.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I have just put in an order at a store I have not used before (Birdtalk Bird Products) for some bits and pieces for Burt's upcoming hatchday... I am excited because I finally found Mahogany pods and I have not ever seen them before.
He will go through those SO fast -- unless they're for your Budgies?

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB

:run: Off to look at this place!