• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

auracana pics please =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
I've been taking care of a baby auracana chick for the past two weeks that had corrective surgery on her beak after it had been injured, but she went home today and i MISS HER SO MUCH! She was very emaciated when she came in and her growth was stunted and I'm wondering what size she would be normally. She's gotten all of her adult feathers in except for a small section of her back. She weighs in at about 160 grams and is around 6weeks old i believe. TINY. Does anyone have any pics of their auracana's at a similar age?

NikkiLS

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
Roo.jpg roo (2).jpg

Hmm well I think technically they are americaunas but the first one is our old roo that we ended up losing to a predator and the second is our current roo that we had to get because he so closely resembled our old boy. Love this breed so gentle and sweet.

wadifahtook

Moving in
Most auracanas are actually 'mutt' easter eggers. Very beautiful chickens still, and near the top of my chicken list. There are comparison charts online for auracanas, ameraucanas, and EEs, and the folks at backyardchickens ought to be able to help you out with photos. :) They also have a breed index with photos of adults and chicks of that breed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.