• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

August 2012 Mayor of the Avenue.......... Jim(Mrcrowley)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Our "Mayor of the Avenue" award is presented to a member who exhibits the qualities that distinguish them to be an upstanding credit to the Avenue, a loving, informed, conscientious and caring bird parront and an all around good neighbor.

I'm pleased to announce Jim(Mrcrowley) as August's "Mayor of the Avenue"

Please join me in welcoming him :)

I enjoyed reading your interview Jim and getting to know you and your flock a little better :heart:

1. What kind of birds do you have (age, species and names)?

Well I have four bird companions :
I have two Green Cheek Conures one is a Cinnamon GC a female I named Pippie because of her cute Peep she makes when she is on my shoulder she is 3 years hatched my other is a male GC his name is Nippie because he has OCD chewer he is 4 years hatched
I also have 2 White Capped Pionus Parrots both males my first Pio was Micky he is a year and a half years hatched and my other male is Mugsey he is @ 6 years hatched.

2. What got you interested in birds?

My wife's awesome GC conure Shweepee we hit it off great and turned me onto birds

3. What have your birds brought to your life?

Love,respect,laughter,heart attacks(kidding) Soul bonding

4. What have you learned from sharing your life with your birds?

How to use a vacuum to death. seriously just how social and how intelligent they are and how when they trust you how close they want to be to you if we could understand bird talk I bet they would ask when I get home " how my day went."

5. What's one birdie memory that will stay with you forever?

The day I brought my two wonderful conures home that started it all for me with out them I would never probably homed Micky or Mugsey.

6. Where is your birds main living area?

In my bedroom. they get scared if they do not hear my voice and Micky has night fright flights so I leave a peek open so he can see me.

7. Did you change things in your home to accommodate your birds and if so what kinds of things did you change?

I have devised the screened porch as a sun and fun room for them. Oh and turned bedroom carpet into seed catcher.

8. Are you involved in any kind of bird related group or activities?

Because I am home with mom who is ill not yet I would love to and have some in mind.

9. What is the one luxury item you would love to have for your bird(s)?

Outdoor bird aviary

10. Is there any bird that you dream of owning and if so why?

I have my dream bird my birds and i click so well I am in heaven.

11. Describe a typical day with you at home with your birds.

Ok Ill have to shorten this maybe but here we go:
I start my days off with my female barking up a storm to get out at 7:30 on the dot every day so I uncover the Conures cage then uncover Mickeys cage . All come out to top of the cage where I give my kisses and say our good mornings. Then Me and the Conures go downstairs let dogs out and feed them . Then do the laundry ( lots of birdie drop cloths). Then we go upstairs and get some veggies and fruit cut up go back upstairs and spread out there food change the water and any messy pans. After they eat I get dressed(whole time Micky is spinning on top of cage think he knows what's coming) me and Micky go to DD drive through which he loves he loves seeing other people in interacting and the DD people get a kick out of it . Then I go home put Micky on his cage to eat and wash up and get Mugsey out and hang with him a about a hour each day I have to go to Walmart I take Mugsey with me for the trip to get him socialized a little. Then after that I bring him home and put him on his play gym. Then I get my conures and they love being on my shoulder so I let them as I am usually on AA forums. That's long enough

12. What have you learned about owning birds that you would like to share?

I have learn that even some of the smallest creatures(birds) on this planet deserve respect and a voice to protect and care for them if not in captivity then in the wild.

13. If you knew then what you know now about birds, what would you do differently?

I would not buy a bird I would look for a rehome bird to many birds are loosing there homes to no fault but the humans on this planet.

14. What other hobbies do you have?

Fishing,Boating,PC gaming,Console gaming,camping,

15. Anything else you would like to share?

I am so honored to be selected for Mayor Of The Avenue and this forum has some of the best information and best Bird owners and people who I can call friends . I would probably not be here if I did not get the help I did from here when I first got my Conures.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations Jim!

Matt

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Congrats!!:D

CKJ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cindy
Congratulations, Jim! :starshower: Great interview ~

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congratulations Jim

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
:dance4: A big congrats to you, Jim. I appreciate all that you contribute to this site!

Mrcrowley

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jim
Thank you guys I have to admit it feels pretty good.:D:D

Lovebird Lady

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvia
:Congratwav: JIM :dance4::dance4::dance4: GREAT INTERVIEW :thumbsup: YOUR FIDS ARE OBVIOUSLY A GREAT PART OF YOUR LIFE :)

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
A well deserved win! Big congrats! :dance5:

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran