• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ataxis?

C_Leigh

Walking the driveway
Hi all,

My budgie fell out of the sky today. I picked her up and her head was lolling. She just laid in my cupped hands for a couple minutes before recovering enough strength to perch on my hand.

She seems very quiet and weak so I have seperated her from the rest of the flock to hopefully recover.

I am planning to take her to the vet but of course it is a public holiday.

My poor little girl :( 20220922_083240.jpg

Greylady1966

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Carol
I would call all vets around you. Many vets have emergency numbers to reach them during holidays and after hours.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
How is she doing? Any luck with the vet?

C_Leigh

Walking the driveway
I ended up just monitoring her yesterday she slept a lot but in between naps she was eating and drinking so I didn't think it was life and death.

The whole flock was put to bed early so they could get some solid hours of rest. This morning I observed her awaken and have a quick groom before brekky and water.

Then she sang along with the radio, so I am feeling positive about her health. I am going to keep an eye out for the next few days though.

I really don't understand what happened, how she ended up falling. She seemed so affected at first as well. Maybe she stunned herself. Gave me quite the scare just laying in my hands unable to lift her head.

C_Leigh

Walking the driveway
Update:

My baby girl is destroying her toys. She is kissing and arguing with her budgie friend. Even for one day I missed her cute little voice chirping and screeching.

But she is back and I am glad I didn't rush her off to the vet cos she has come good after solid rest.

:)