• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Astro will pick up anything silly!

dollfish

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
Sometimes when Astro is on my hand, I go "Astro beep boop - Astro beep boop - Astrooooo BEEP BOOP!" while raising Astro everytime I say "BEEP BOOP!".

Now this little birb will learn anything and everything as long as it is silly / funny / full of energy. She has learned to do it by going up and down with her head.

When she started doing this, I made it even funnier by joining her as she said "BEEP BOOP" and then she started completing the end herself everytime I said it. She has taken it a step further and she does it and waits for me to finish it.

She is much better at it now. Here are two videos from when she was just learning it!

She is amazing with her mimicry abilities. She has also recently started doing incredible water droplets. That is to be posted if I can capture it on video.

٩( ᐛ )و

Last edited:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I love African Grey voices :heart:

dollfish

Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
Such a cute mousey little cheerful voice :swoon: .
What other words does she say?
By saying that you are calling my voice cute and mousey! :starshower1:
She does "peek a boo" of course, the classic. Barks. Does my whining, which she finds utterly amusing and picked up very quickly because of this, the seagulls, "Astrocum" (with the endearment suffix in Turkish), "beeeeboooooo" a made up flock call and the very recent water droplets which is very impressive. There are other minor things like kisses and small words. She started early too, at about 7 months.

How about yours? :smileflower:
That's so cute! :swoon:
Sisi sometimes does the exact same voice, it always sounds really adorable! :heart: today she said in the same voice 'Sisi, what are you doing?'
I love it when they ask questions, please do share if you've got it on video! Mine hasn't made any long sentences just yet! :bounce4:
I love African Grey voices :heart:
I adore Indian ringneck parakeets. Theirs is soo characteristic and I imitate them a lot around the house as a joke. Their voice is so energetic and high-pitched in a very cute way!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:laugh: So cute!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Aw, what a cutie!!:xflove:

Ulis_Beast

Real Name
Doroteja Lenassi
By saying that you are calling my voice cute and mousey! :starshower1:
well.. it is cute!

How about yours? :smileflower:
Loki has an array of sounds he does. He loves the high pitched ambiental ones best. Like the on for AC unit, the squleenig of a car fan belt he heard once, blackbirds alarm call, sneezing,.. and farts (ofcourse:rolleyes:).
But he also says quite a few words, all in my boyfriends voice... He says Well goodafternoon (hello), Ciao-ciao, Messy Boi, Careful-careful, Nosey, Kissy and calls out my name in the most irritable voice possible :roflmao::wacky:... my boyfriend rarely uses my name, except for when he's cross with me.
My personal favourite is Exactly that. We (me and Loki) had a video call with my Mum and I was vigorously explaining something to her, to what she replied:"Exactly that!"
Next time around she was explaining something to me, she was on and on and on and when she finally finished Loki shouted:"Exactly that!!"
:loltears::loltears::loltears:

dollfish

Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
well.. it is cute!

Loki has an array of sounds he does. He loves the high pitched ambiental ones best. Like the on for AC unit, the squleenig of a car fan belt he heard once, blackbirds alarm call, sneezing,.. and farts (ofcourse:rolleyes:).
But he also says quite a few words, all in my boyfriends voice... He says Well goodafternoon (hello), Ciao-ciao, Messy Boi, Careful-careful, Nosey, Kissy and calls out my name in the most irritable voice possible :roflmao::wacky:... my boyfriend rarely uses my name, except for when he's cross with me.
My personal favourite is Exactly that. We (me and Loki) had a video call with my Mum and I was vigorously explaining something to her, to what she replied:"Exactly that!"
Next time around she was explaining something to me, she was on and on and on and when she finally finished Loki shouted:"Exactly that!!"
:loltears::loltears::loltears:
I think mine has picked up a squealing breaking sound of a car from outside as well and it is really high pitched. Well about your name though at least least it must have added a little fun to the way that your boyfriend calls you by your name when cross! I also only get called by my actual name if we are a little fightey. :roflmao:

dollfish

Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
:hmmm:.. must be like hair then. I've yet to meet a woman who is satisfied with hers as is. :laugh:
I'm pretty certain none of your friends and family consider your voice whiney!
And Astros beep boops are just to cute!
Like me I've been obsessed with curly hair my entire life..
Hahaha noo everybody thinks my voice is whiney... :shifty: