• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Aspergillus/chlymadia

ZoraKarasu

Moving in
Hello!
Zora was sneezing with mucus on her nose yesterday. I also noticed she was a bit wobbly since a week. I brought her to the vet and they detected she could have aspergillus/chlymadia. They also said she has fungal plaque in her body. She has some metal bits in her body ( which i think might be the iron wrought cage) The vet said its at the early stage so it's good i brought her in.

Anyone experienced this and how is your baby doing now? What should i do? Should i be worried? My next course of action is a stainless steel cage. Pls advice. Thank you. I have attached her xray below.

Attachments

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Here is the information you need for chlamdia. Remember that humans can catch it from birds and it is serious.

I have had two birds with Aspergillosis. One of them died from aspergillosis. It can be deadly and usually is if it is not treated quickly and aggressively. Here is a good article. Please read and if your bird is diagnosed with aspergillosis, I can try to answer any questions you might have.

Heavy metal can be serious if not treated, but there are very good treatments and most birds can be cured easily. The one complication can be if the piece of metal is so large that it needs to be removed surgically.

You need a final diagnosis and to learn as much as you can abut the diseases. All three proposed diagnoses are potentially deadly for your bird.

ZoraKarasu

Moving in
Here is the information you need for chlamdia. Remember that humans can catch it from birds and it is serious.

I have had two birds with Aspergillosis. One of them died from aspergillosis. It can be deadly and usually is if it is not treated quickly and aggressively. Here is a good article. Please read and if your bird is diagnosed with aspergillosis, I can try to answer any questions you might have.

Heavy metal can be serious if not treated, but there are very good treatments and most birds can be cured easily. The one complication can be if the piece of metal is so large that it needs to be removed surgically.

You need a final diagnosis and to learn as much as you can abut the diseases. All three proposed diagnoses are potentially deadly for your bird.
Thank you so much for your reply. I truly appreciate it. I have attached the medications she has been prescribed here. My biggest fear is that she suddenly drops dead without any signs she's getting worse? I started her medication yesterday. She's always been active and chirpy, and she was today too. They gave her a peanut butter/vegetable oil mixture to help her poop out the metal. I believe it is quite small then. On the xray you can see it's just above the tail. On the left hand side. Will she be ok? She has a review check up in 3 weeks. Will she be fully treated ever? Just want to know she will not pass on due to this. When your darling passed on due to asper, were there any signs? If she's active and chirpy, i hope she doesn't just leave me suddenly. Is there anything else i can do to help her? Thank you ❤

Attachments

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
It appears as if your vets are hitting all bases - for the three illnesses you mentioned.

I have no idea if she will be OK or not - I do not have a crystal ball to tell the future. Much is dependent on how well you nurse her and how long you medicate, especially for the asper. With my male GW he and I and my vet fought it for four years and he darned near died from asper several times. He died of thyroid cancer after 15 years.

My Girl Jasper was very ill - she had several chronic illnesses. She had all of the medical care she needed and I was very attentive to her as a patient. After 21 years of fighting numerous infections, Atherosclerosis, heart disease and three bouts with aspergillosis, her body just couldn't fight any longer. She bled to death, internally, from an asper colony that virtually ate through a major vein in her abdomen.

You are on the right track, just don't get off of it.

ZoraKarasu

Moving in
It appears as if your vets are hitting all bases - for the three illnesses you mentioned.

I have no idea if she will be OK or not - I do not have a crystal ball to tell the future. Much is dependent on how well you nurse her and how long you medicate, especially for the asper. With my male GW he and I and my vet fought it for four years and he darned near died from asper several times. He died of thyroid cancer after 15 years.

My Girl Jasper was very ill - she had several chronic illnesses. She had all of the medical care she needed and I was very attentive to her as a patient. After 21 years of fighting numerous infections, Atherosclerosis, heart disease and three bouts with aspergillosis, her body just couldn't fight any longer. She bled to death, internally, from an asper colony that virtually ate through a major vein in her abdomen.

You are on the right track, just don't get off of it.
Thank you for your reassurance. I truly appreciate it. ❤ She's still on meds and it goes up to 45 days. I cannot see her mucus anymore and she has become more active. Thanks Hawk!