• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Aspergillosis (Sad Update)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You gave Hank the best and I'm so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
so very very sorry for your loss:hug8:

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh no! I am so sad to be reading this update. Mary Lyn, I am so very sorry for your loss. Hank was such an important member of our family here in AA. He founf unconditional love with you. He weathered the storms, fought the battles and was a hero in this avian community. I know he is flying free and proud at Rainbow Bridge, looking down on you and giving you a beaky smile. He thanks you for all your love and dedication in helping him to feel better. Remember his happier days, look up and smile.
Wings high handsome Hank, fly free, breathe easy. :heart:

Thugluvgrl187

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I am so sorry for your loss of Hank :hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8:. May he fly free.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Words are inadequate to express the depth of my sorrow for you ML. You and Hank were made for each other. You were, and still are, kindred spirits, both proud, brave, uncompromising, tenacious, fierce warriors earning each other trust through fire, water and blood initiation, and then willing to do whatever to took to share your lives with each other. You had Hank as long as you did because of your great love for him and his for you, and although it may seem that the battle is lost, yet your love for each other will remain a part of both your spirits forever, and my prayer is that he will be able to let you know he made it over the bridge and is okay, (although I doubt he'll hang around and wait for you and Jasper, you know how independent he is.) But I do think he will watch over you in his travels. My heart hurts for you my friend and I wish there was someway I could help you carry the pain, but this is one thing that cannot be shared. Take comfort in the fact that he is no longer suffering in the prison his body had become and even if there is no bridge, he is still free at last. Of course my deepest condolences for Jasper also.

Ginger

Last edited:

Fuzzy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
So very sorry to hear this devastating news. :sadhug:

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
My condolences :( You've done incredibly well to keep Hank going all this time :hug8:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am so very sorry for your loss.

Matt

iggysbirds

Real Name
Stephanie
I'm so sorry for your loss ML. Just find peace in knowing that he received the best in care from you and had a wonderful enriched life while with you.

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
ML you are such an amazing birdie parront....you did everything and more for Hank...gosh he was so lucky to have you. I know your heart is hurting now, but please know that I am thinking of you and sending you a huge hug....fly free sweet Hank...I know my lost babies will welcome you with open wings.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I want to thank all of you for for condolences and good wishes. Hank's death seemed so personal and private that I was not going to post - but Danita is pretty persuasive.

Asper is just one of the deadly diseases that can kill your bird and it is one of the sneakiest. The list of physical issues that Hank endured would fill this page, but it was the recurrence of Asper that brought him down. The Asper granuloma in his lung became active again. He just couldn't overcome all of the hurdles he was facing.

Remember, even with a false positive, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is most likely Asper. Be agressive as possible with the treatment and don't stop treatment too soon.

Thanks again.

Annamacaw

Rescue Rep
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I just saw this and I am absolutely in tears, just heart broken for you ML.... Hank was a very special AA birdie and there will always be a special place in my heart for him. I am so sorry for your loss

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Hank came home this week after a necropsy and being cremated. The only thing that came out of the necropsy that Dr. Driggers and I didn't know about was a large carcinoid thyroid tumor. The tumor was behind the asper granuloma where it didn't show separately on his exrays. The tumor had invaded the pericardium around the heart and caused it to filled with fluid. His heart was squashed between the tumor and his grossly swollen liver.

Hank Box 2.jpg

I bought this keepsake box with my very favorite "Hank" picture on a tile on the top to keep his ashes. Now Hank can still travel everywhere Jasper and I go. I'm so glad to have him home.
ML

merlinsmom13

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
So sad, brave boy :hug8:

TikiLola

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Alida(Aleeda)
Poor Hank, so very many hurdles. :sadhug2: So very sorry for your loss ML. :sadhug: That tile is a very nice tribute.

Annamacaw

Rescue Rep
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I am so very sad and deeply sorry for your loss.....

Status
Not open for further replies.