• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Asking for java sparrow advice before owning one

Dot78879

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Danya
Hello : - )

I have never owned an animal before, I have little experience with animals if any to the point I am a little scared of dogs

I am considering getting a few Java sparrows in the next year or so but I want to make sure that I can and will provide the best conditions for the birdies. I've spent a long time googling but I don't trust my understanding of websites because I've never owned an animal, I don't actually know what it's like. I feel it would be best to have someone or a few people with confident experience in caring for, hand taming etc of Javas to talk to so that I can make sure I'm doing the right thing with as little complications as possible. I think it's really important my decision is as rational as can be : ) so if anyone is willing to give me TONS of advice or personal tips please respond!

I'd much prefer keeping contact on other social medias so that it's easier to talk

Appreciate it

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

UrbanSylvanus

Strolling the yard
Hello : - )

I have never owned an animal before, I have little experience with animals if any to the point I am a little scared of dogs

I am considering getting a few Java sparrows in the next year or so but I want to make sure that I can and will provide the best conditions for the birdies. I've spent a long time googling but I don't trust my understanding of websites because I've never owned an animal, I don't actually know what it's like. I feel it would be best to have someone or a few people with confident experience in caring for, hand taming etc of Javas to talk to so that I can make sure I'm doing the right thing with as little complications as possible. I think it's really important my decision is as rational as can be : ) so if anyone is willing to give me TONS of advice or personal tips please respond!

I'd much prefer keeping contact on other social medias so that it's easier to talk

Appreciate it
Hiya, sorry for the late reply! I own one hand tame Java finch named Oguro, and I’d be happy to answer any questions you have!
Writing a whole care manual would be a bit hard to do on the forums so I’d like to start with answering questions first and go from there.

What other social medias were you thinking of? You can send the details over to me via DMs if that’s easier for you.

Dot78879

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Danya
Hiya, sorry for the late reply! I own one hand tame Java finch named Oguro, and I’d be happy to answer any questions you have!
Writing a whole care manual would be a bit hard to do on the forums so I’d like to start with answering questions first and go from there.

What other social medias were you thinking of? You can send the details over to me via DMs if that’s easier for you.
Sorry for the equally as late reply!! Thank you so much for offering your help,
Do you have insta (mine is Cassanova_Lament) or more preferably discord (saponin#3317) ? but I'm okay with any other social media that you have.
I would DM here but I don't use this site much & forget about it.

Thanks again!!

Last edited:

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
:welcomegroup:

UrbanSylvanus

Strolling the yard
Sorry for the equally as late reply!! Thank you so much for offering your help,
Do you have insta (mine is Cassanova_Lament) or more preferably discord (saponin#3317) ? but I'm okay with any other social media that you have.
I would DM here but I don't use this site much & forget about it.

Thanks again!!
Hi again, I just sent you a friend request on Discord, my ID there is Sylvan ✨#1723 !