• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Asia Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

daria

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daria Feinstein
It's a long way off but my husband and I just put our deposit on a Azamara cruise - starting in Hong Kong, going to Singapore,Bangkok, Vietnam and Tailand. Any special zoos with aviary's?

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
I will ask my daughter in law, her mother has traveled all over there. We have somes friends also that have traveled through all those places. You will have a great time:) We were in the military and traveled the world but not there, just Japan. That is on my list:hehe: I a going to Costa Rica in march and still checking for the amazon trip:)

zoomama

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Oh, how lucky you are! I'm drooling with envy. Tons of pics when you get back...please?

MollyMouse

Biking along the boulevard
There is the Jurong Bird Park in Singapore(I think that's how it is spelt?)

susie a

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Susie A
It's a long way off but my husband and I just put our deposit on a Azamara cruise - starting in Hong Kong, going to Singapore,Bangkok, Vietnam and Tailand. Any special zoos with aviary's?
Singapore does have a zoo, but right next door they have a bird park that is wondermous! I went to the night zoo .. what fun.

Enjoy your trip.

susie a

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Susie A
There is the Jurong Bird Park in Singapore(I think that's how it is spelt?)
I just posted about this park :highfive: it is very nice. I have spent lots of time in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia wonderful area to visit.

daria

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daria Feinstein
Magni- If you are going to Costa Rica, DON'T MISS a very special opportunity to see Los Amigos de las Aves , go to hatchedtoflyfree.org, this is a sanctuary where unwanted pet macaws and amazons are taught to be wild again. They have sucessfully introduced hundreds of pairs back in the wild. Some birds naturally adapt and some remain semi tame staying close to the free eats at the sanctuary. Great place to voulunteer too. You can stay for a very nominal amount ( cost of food) with a local family. Also. don't forget we have several wild parrot flocks in Miami including the 24 wild blue and golds.

Status
Not open for further replies.