• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Article: learning songs

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So interesting! I had a canary for 17 years. He lived with other canaries for his first 18 months. When he came to me he had a beautiful and varied song. But then I noticed new song sounds being added all the time for maybe 10 years! Did he hear those sounds before and store them?

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Who knows, really. I suspect that various differences in the brain are the cause of things like females who pick up songs and sing them, and a bird like yours too. But, it could easily be in his memory too.

There's a great program on mimicry on Netflix. It's been a while, but I can find the title if you want. It's fascinating.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Who knows, really. I suspect that various differences in the brain are the cause of things like females who pick up songs and sing them, and a bird like yours too. But, it could easily be in his memory too.

There's a great program on mimicry on Netflix. It's been a while, but I can find the title if you want. It's fascinating.
I'll look on Netflix! Thanks!

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
I think it's about the brain, but I don't recall the title having anything to do with birds. Let me know if you have any trouble finding it, I can look in the history for it.

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
I'll look on Netflix! Thanks!
It's got to be the brain explained series. In the first 2 episodes... That's all I can find in my history. I hope you find it, it talks about the wind down before they sleep, grinding and practicing sounds and dreaming!

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you! Sounds fascinating!

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Thank you! Sounds fascinating!
Well, I still love it, but it's not as long as I remember it. It's the very first episode about dreams, and the finches are at the very end.