• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Article: How to open a pomegranate

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

M.C Bird Rescue

Thanks for sharing that..You don't wanna see me open them! hahahaha

Babybreau

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tanya
Well thank you for that article Barbara. I've never attempted to do poms before and I just did 2!! Wow was I sticky and a mess! :lol: That process did make picking out the white stuff much easier!! 2 poms and I got 1 full container to freeze and 1 half container to keep in the fridge for the next week or so! I think I shall pick up 2 more before the sale is over! I just sprinkled some on top of their veggies. They seem pretty timid about it right now (yet they took to cranberries right away:lol:) so we'll see how it goes.
Thanks again!!

PS> I chickened out and didn't try any... has anyone? :lol: For those that have, what do they taste like?

PPS> Is there any way to tell if a pom is good or bad?

Last edited:

Birdzee

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Maddie
WOW!!!
What a great idea..
Thanksss :dance4::dance4::dance4:
I just finished giving the last piece to Newbie and have another one ready to go in the frig..I usually just slice a chunk off, separate the seeds from the skin and let him go to town and make a mess with it....:hug8:

Birdzee

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Maddie
WOW!!!
What a great idea..
Thanksss :dance4::dance4::dance4:
I just finished giving the last piece to Newbie and have another one ready to go in the frig..I usually just slice a chunk off, separate the seeds from the skin and let him go to town and make a mess with it....:hug8:
After reading all the posts I see that I sure have been cutting them wrong.
I am so glad you posted this..

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
Well thank you for that article Barbara. I've never attempted to do poms before and I just did 2!! Wow was I sticky and a mess! :lol: That process did make picking out the white stuff much easier!! 2 poms and I got 1 full container to freeze and 1 half container to keep in the fridge for the next week or so! I think I shall pick up 2 more before the sale is over! I just sprinkled some on top of their veggies. They seem pretty timid about it right now (yet they took to cranberries right away:lol:) so we'll see how it goes.
Thanks again!!

PS> I chickened out and didn't try any... has anyone? :lol: For those that have, what do they taste like?

PPS> Is there any way to tell if a pom is good or bad?
What I had to do to get Lucy to eat them was break one open and then she got the flavor and now she goes to town on them!
They have a tart kind of cherry like flavor to them. They are delicious. I buy them for both me and Lucy. if it is bad they will have several soft spots on them where the seeds popped.

Status
Not open for further replies.