• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Art Van All-Natural, All-Purpose Cleaner?

laracroft

Strolling the yard
Hi all, when I bought my sofa from Art Van I was given a Furniture Care Kit to go along with it. This includes what's labeled as "All-Natural, All-Purpose Cleaner", which claims on the bottle is "Safe for people, pets, and the environment". I am hopeful that this might be safe to use but also skeptical of this very broad claim. Problem is, I can't find anything about this specific product online. Art Van apparently went out of business in March of last year (a lot was going on then... not surprised I missed that news :shrug:) so I can't call and ask for more information. I opened it up and it doesn't have a scent to my nose, but I don't feel like that's a good enough test when my boy's safety is at stake. Does anyone know anything about this product, have any ideas of where else I can look, or have recommendations for a safe leather cleaner??

Hermesbird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cat
Sorry Im no help but I will add in the Bumping the subject category!

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Unfortunately saying pet safe is never taken as bird safe so you would need to research the ingredients in the least & if any doubt don't use it. A weak solution of white vinegar can clean most things & when it dries leaves little odor. On my leather sofa I just use plain water & dry it with a microfiber. It seldom gets too dirty for more if dusted & cared for.
Leather can dry out so might not use the white vinegar too often as a weak acidic alcohol. If it gets really dirty just some really dilute dishwashing liquid solution & rinse it off a few times. Thats all I've ever done & my sofa is 30 years old & still in good cond.