• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Argyle, my linnie

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Hi there,

So, I mentioned that my new Linnie, Argyle is very fearful of hands. He was "caught" to be handled before I got him. I have been offering millet from my hands and he is happily eating it. Yay.

Tonight, I was in my office and just hanging out with the birds and playing one of my pet music cds (if you haven't tried them, you should, the birds really seem to like them) and I had Argyle's cage open. He was hanging out on the threshold. I moved my chair over there and sat with him with my shoulder/arm right near him, just hanging out and listening to the music and talking to him. I did soft eye blinks and he did them back. I lifted my arm and he investigated my sweatshirt with his beak. It was very cool. We hung out like that for about 20 minutes or so. Then, he hopped back in and I shut his cage.

He seemed very happy with my company and really comfortable being close to me. I consider it a huge success.

Vicki

Cydney

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cydney
Way to make progress! Finn, my parrotlet who sadly passed almost a year ago, had a fear of hands thanks to a family friend.. He'd be okay with my hands, but anyone else had to pick him up by offering their arm, elbow or shoulder.

Argyle is such a CUTE little guy. I'm so happy you all are getting along so well!

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Way to make progress! Finn, my parrotlet who sadly passed almost a year ago, had a fear of hands thanks to a family friend.. He'd be okay with my hands, but anyone else had to pick him up by offering their arm, elbow or shoulder.

Argyle is such a CUTE little guy. I'm so happy you all are getting along so well!
I'm sorry you lost Finn. I absolutely love the name Finn. Yes, it is possible that Argyle will need to step up onto arms, but he is making progress pretty quickly so maybe he will be ok as long as I go slow and respect his boundaries.

Vicki

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
fantastic news and you are going the right path by respecting boundaries in my opinion
Percy would only step up to arms but now I have no problems with hands
It is possible that latter he will do hands :hug8:

JudiNH

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Judi
That is great. Sounds like you are making really good progress. Im sure its just a matter of time till he is stepping up like a champ. I love linnies, and Argyle is SUCH a cute name!! :lol:

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Thanks guys. Yes, I am beginning to think that it will come with time. He is such a sweet and easygoing guy. I am really loving him. I think if I just continue to allow him to make the choices and go at his own pace, we will be good.

Vicki

Status
Not open for further replies.