• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Argyle got a boo boo....

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Vicki cayenne pepper has an analgesic effect too and also anti-inflamatory. Hope Argyle is back to normal soon. I know Mango gets mad at me if I have to trim her nails.

TwilightsImprint

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Erica
You might want to start him off on less than that though. Lewy was in serious and intense constant pain. When Aros gets a boo boo I just take the tiniest pinch and add it to take the edge off.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Vicki cayenne pepper has an analgesic effect too and also anti-inflamatory. Hope Argyle is back to normal soon. I know Mango gets mad at me if I have to trim her nails.

I had read about the cayenne pepper but there is no real opening on his foot.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Vicki you can sprinkle it on his fresh food too. :)

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
If his toe is still hurting him tomorrow but he is using it and there isn't any swelling you can take a baby tylenol cut it in half and crush half of it and put it in water. I had a budgie named Lewy who had some kind of leg tumor, I fostered him. I gave him half a baby tylenol in his water and he really perked up quite a bit. Clearly it helped quite a bit. Saddly a day after I started fostering him he had to be put down because his disease was only getting worse.

Argyle seems good today. His foot is still a little red, but he is moving around, chattering, eating, etc. I mentioned the tylenol to my friend who is a vet tech and she said it's toxic to dogs and cats and other small animals and while she didn't know about birds, she was concerned. I didn't use it with Argyle because I didn't have any and he seems ok, but is it definitely ok for birds?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
so glad to hear lil baby Argyle is improving!:hug8::heart::heart:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
I would go with what your vet says about it. I personally would not do the Tylenol. Glad he is perking up for you. :)

ilikebirds

Jogging around the block
Me too. I have only had him for a couple of months and have been working on his fear of hands, he was doing GREAT, but I am sure we will regress now. I hope his foot will be ok. He is just really quietly sitting on his perch. Thankfully, I am home all day so I will be able to watch him. I hated scaring him like that when I had to get his foot out.

since you were not the one who initially caused the pain, maybe he will remember that. he was already hurt when you went to him. since he has been doing great, he must value you as a friend, so maybe he will be more inclined to forgive. or just let him stew about for a bit. he will come around:hug8:

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
since you were not the one who initially caused the pain, maybe he will remember that. he was already hurt when you went to him. since he has been doing great, he must value you as a friend, so maybe he will be more inclined to forgive. or just let him stew about for a bit. he will come around:hug8:
Thanks guys. He seems the same with me today so I am relieved about that:) He was out and stepped up on his stick when I asked him to so I could put him away, he doesn't seem overly freaked about me, so maybe it will be ok:)

Status
Not open for further replies.