• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Are you prepared for when you no longer can care for your fids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
If nothing happens to me which would result in me having to rehome my birds, they shouldn't technically outlive me. As of now, I have a few people (if one can't do it, the other will and so on) who will either a) take them in their flock or b) take them temporarily and find the best possible home for them (and they pretty much have the same thoughts as me regarding what is a good home).

I am also to take in a couple of my parents' birds when they can't take care of them any longer. Not all of them though (I would find it overwhelming). I will most likely have to play a part in finding good homes for the other if my mom can't do it.

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
YOU ALL KNOW I HAVE HAD MANGO 19 MONTHS AND I SAID RIGHT IN THE BEGINING I WAS GOING TO MAKE SURE HE WAS LOOKED AFTER AND THAT MENT GOING BACK TO WHERE I GOT HIM , TILL I WENT OUT AND SAW WHERE HE COME OUT OF , OH IT WAS CLEAN SPOT LESS AND LOTS OF FOOD OH AND A RADIO GOING BUT THAT WAS IT HOME I CAME HOME SICK NO WONDED IT TOOK 6 MONTHS TO HOLD HIM FOR HIM TO TRUST ME I STRTED GATHERING THINGS TOGATHER PAGES IF INFO BUT WHO WAS HE GOING TO THEN MY SON SAID MOM STOP WORRING IM GOING TO TAKE MANGO , I JUST LOOKED AT HIM AND SAID HES MESSIE SHE WOULD KILL HIM THE MININUT YOU TURNED YOUR BACK , HE SAID NO MOM HE WILL BE WITH ME OR RYAN SHE WILL NEVER BE I MIN ALONE WITH HIM PLEASE TRUST ME ON THAT AND I DO
BUT I HAVE POSED TIME AND TIME AGAIN ABOUT MAKING SURE MANGO WAS GOING TO BE LOOKED AFTER AND EVERY ONE OR MOST WERE SILENT ,
YOU ALL DONT KNOW HOW HAPPY YOU HAVE MADE ME FOR RELISING THESE BABIES WILL SUFFER BADLY IF WE DONT PREPAIR THEM FOR WHEN WERE GONE THESE ARE OUR BABIES THEY DEPEND AND TRUST US :rofl::rofl: WELL MOST DO AND WERE RESPONCIBLE TO MAKE THERE LIFE FULL AFTER WERE GONE
THANKS FOR LETTING ME SPEEL OFF AT THE MOUTH AGAN AND THANKS FOR THIS THREAD BEING STARTED NOW ILL TRY REAL HARD TO SHUT MY MOUTH:rofl::rofl:

:hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8:

Angelicarboreals

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
I have detailed instructions set out for my BF if something is to happen to me. If it is an illness/accident and I go into the hospital the bird sitter will take care of them. If I was to die I have a close friend who has been designated to take them in.

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
MY QUESTION IS THOSE OUT SIDE YOUR CLOSE FAMILY THAT THE BIRDS WILL BE GOING TO IS HOW WILL DO THE BIRDS KNOW THESE PEOPLE
ARE YOUR BIRDS GOING TO BE TRAMATISED IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TO YOU.
THEY MIGHT KNOW ALL THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT BIRDS WHICH IS GREAT BUT WOULDNT IT BE NICE IF YOUR BIRDS NEW THEM WOULDNT IT BE A BIT EASER ON YOUR BIRDS
OUR BIRDS ARE GOING TO SUFFER YOU KNOW THAT SO DO I BUT THEY WONT SUFFER AS MUCH IF THEY REALY KNOW THERE NEXT OWNERS IF THAT SHOUD HAPPEN LOL FOR ALL WE KNOW NO MATTER HOW WELL WE PLAN SOMETHING GOD FORBIDTO THEM FIRST AS THERS NO WAY WE CAN FOE SEE WHATS A HEAD
IM JUST THROWING THINGS OUT OF MY HEAD AT YOU ALL AND MY SELF HECK IM MORE WORRIED ABOUT MANGO THAN I AM IN MAKING A WILL,.LOL
AND THATS MY NEXT STEP ..LOL I KEEP TELLING MY SELF SO YOU SEE IM LIKE EVERY NE ELSE ON HERE PROCRACTANATING KNOWING ONE DAY IT WILL HAPPEN BUT KEEP SAYING I SHOULD AND DONT
:rofl::rofl:

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Well, i don't have any official plans, but I'm so young, if (crosses fingers) nothing happens to me to make me die young, my bird won't outlive me. I live with me rents, younger brother, and younger sister. Toc is actually my sisters bird, and while she doesn't know as much about birds as i do, she really loves Toc and I tell her whatever she needs to know over and over again, so she'll remember. And I'm always telling my mom and dad what Cookie needs for her care... I try to explain it to everyone in the house so they know what to do when and if I'm not here..

gayla

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gayla
For me Delores, My first choice for Pita is my best friend Bee (Moriana)..... she has 2 conures, a GCC & a PFC, she knows Pita, and had him for over 2 months after my car accident in '07. 2nd choice, if Bee can't take him is The Gabriel Foundation (the rescue I volunteer at) I have boarded him there, and everyone loves him, and he loves everyone there. And thats it. I don't have any other friends that know about birds, or family, and I would only want the best for him, because he is really all I have, and I love him to bits.

I think I'm very lucky to have Bee & TGF in my life. It's comforting to know that if something does happen to me, he will be taken care of.

It is in my Will....and I have money set aside to go with him.

Last edited:

J*M*L

Real Name
Julie
Well, I guess my husband would take good care of them. Although he wouldn't pay nearly as much attention to them as I do. If something happened to both of us, I don't know who'd take care of them. My BF has four young children, so I won't ask her. Hmmmm.... I better think about this! :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.