• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

are these ingredients in my natural critis based spray ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

feebee

Jogging around the block
well my bottle lists different ingredients than the website (my bottle 6 months old) but ill list the new ingredients since that is what ill be buying as mine is just about out

ngredients
Aqua (water)
Alkyl Polyglucoside (Plant Based Surfactant)
Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate (Preservative)
D-limonene (Citrus Solvent)

its this product here Spray Cleaner | Cleaners | Ecostore

im asking as i used it on my grate that im storing as i dont use anymore, and i figured i would give it a try, as i can rinse really well and it will sit for i dunno how long before i put back in, and it worked so well, all i did was spray on, let it sit for a minute then hosed off while wiping with a sponge and all the poop came off so easy, normally i have to scrub the grate so much!

so is it safe? i use vinegar but find i scrubbing heaps (however will continue to use vinegar unless this is safe)

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
I don't have an answer for you, but wanted to bump this up so some of our more knowledgeable members could help you

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Feebee not sure about the last ingredient. Honestly I use some unscented dish detergent, grapefruit seed extract and hot water in a spray bottle and never have trouble getting poop to come off.
Florida Chemical MSDS Info. | d-Limonene and Essential Oils, Fresh Notes Flavor and Fragrance Factions, Citrus Burst and CITRUSoy Formulated Products, and Surfactants
essential oils can be irritating to our birds respiratory system. If you are going to use it, I would probably follow up with a hot water rinse afterward and not spray with the birds in the cage.

feebee

Jogging around the block
Feebee not sure about the last ingredient. Honestly I use some unscented dish detergent, grapefruit seed extract and hot water in a spray bottle and never have trouble getting poop to come off.
Florida Chemical MSDS Info. | d-Limonene and Essential Oils, Fresh Notes Flavor and Fragrance Factions, Citrus Burst and CITRUSoy Formulated Products, and Surfactants
essential oils can be irritating to our birds respiratory system. If you are going to use it, I would probably follow up with a hot water rinse afterward and not spray with the birds in the cage.
ok thanks, i haven't been able to get grapefruit seed extract here (well couldn't find it), when i do a full wash down of the cage (this is only time i would use spray, and can hose it down) they get into the smaller travel cage, i wipe with damp cloth during the weeks..

Status
Not open for further replies.