• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Are pineapple(ananas) plants safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
I have a pineapple plant(ananas plant) and was wondering if it's safe to move up to where my birds are. I've looked but can't find it on the lists I've looked at. It's not one grown from the top of a pineapple my brother actually bought it for me years ago when it had just a baby pineapple on it. I saw it and thought it was cute. We were both working at the same grocery store at the time where I saw it and I told him about it so he got it for me. So it's kinda special plant to me.
Right now it's where I can't really enjoy it and would like to move it where I see it if I can.

Blazeybird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Houston
Im not sure. But if im not mistaken bromeliades are safe and they are in the same family, so I would think they would be ok. But I am not 100% sure. :confused:

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
I just found a article on bromeliad's and pineapple are part of that family of plants. I knew they were in the same family as some other plants just couldn't remember the name. Thanks. Now I can move it upstairs.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Good to know thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.