• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Are IRNs affectionate?

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
No, I'm saying with other IRNs. IRNs seem to get on best with other IRNs, not with other birds in general.

Kima

Meeting neighbors
So now I have a Quaker who is so attached to me, I can't leave his sight without him throwing a fit and an IRN who acts like I'm an ax murder, and neither of them seem remotely interested in each other, sigh!

I'm actually starting to think that the IRA might be wilde caught :omg: in all my years of volunteering with rescued birds, I've never seen one so absolutely terrified of people. Also, when she's been out of her cage, she makes straight for the window, despite her being found abandon outside in poor condition (Yes...she's seen a vet, many times) Life with birdies eh :banghead:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
So now I have a Quaker who is so attached to me, I can't leave his sight without him throwing a fit and an IRN who acts like I'm an ax murder, and neither of them seem remotely interested in each other, sigh!
It's a great thing to have birds with different personalities...it makes life interesting! :)

Kima

Meeting neighbors
It's a great thing to have birds with different personalities...it makes life interesting! :)
Well, yes there's that LOL. I see you have a IRN - Is he happy with his brothers/sisters from another mother? Does he interact with them/with you?