• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Are guests allowed to see profiles

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
You will see lots of bots on here. Bots search the forum and index key words and phrases. When you go on google or some other search engine and look something up and it suggests a post on here that is how it directed you here.

BertAllen

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dave
You will see lots of bots on here. Bots search the forum and index key words and phrases. When you go on google or some other search engine and look something up and it suggests a post on here that is how it directed you here.
Yes I understand that.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Ok.
Other forums I have been involved in show a stop sign, not the guest is viewing.

But having tried to view as a guest and I can't view a profile I guess this original question has been answered.
Thank You
This is what we see. The triangle means there was an error viewing

B9718589-43E4-430B-9410-1B6C497467E8.jpeg

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Thanks for starting this thread. I found my settings and changed them all to members only.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
If I'm not logged into the forum, this is what I see when I try to view a person's profile. (requires "double clicking" - 1 click equals 'pop up', 2 click equals attempting to view their profile)

1574400548380.png

So in short, if a 'guest' is actually trying to view a members profile, they'll be prompted to log into the forum or to register, not see a profile at all. :) (I saw 'guest viewing member profile' of the person I clicked on to view while being logged out, and didn't get to see anything beyond what pops up at the "one click")

Last edited:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
This is why I don´t have my last name on my profile or post my email adress anywhere on the site. But I know I have sent my email to one member, and even accidently sent a screenshot of my full name to someone else (but they are friends so it´s fine).
It is also why I don´t post any pictures of my 2year old nephew on the site at all (I have lots of cute pics of him with the birds), but again, I have sent pics in private messages.

Just be mindful of what info and photographs you are posting :)

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
It is also why I don´t post any pictures of my 2year old nephew on the site at all (I have lots of cute pics of him with the birds), but again, I have sent pics in private messages.
I think everyone's the same regards family and friends. I think the most we've ever seen of your fella was his arm (?)

It's always best to keep personal stuff personal and I appreciate why this thread was started. All my privacy settings are at 'members only', the exact same settings they were already at the day I succumbed and came over to the feathered side. :yoda:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
. I think the most we've ever seen of your fella was his arm (?)
I posted two pics of him on the site. One with all the birdies on the ¨photos of members¨thread (which is a members only forum), and another of him with a cooking pot on his head and a wooden spoon in his hand in response to someones thread. He´s a grown man so I don´t mind posting pics of him so much :)