• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Are Female or Male Cape Parrots Less Aggressive?

BirdyGirly

Meeting neighbors
Hello again! First, guys have been such an amazing community of knowledgeable people, whom are so willing to help others - thank you! OK, so I’m wondering if there’s truth behind female Cape Parrots being less temperamental during breeding season, sweeter and overall more gentle than male Cape Parrots in general. I know each bird is different, but I keep reading that this seems to be the case. Thanks so much for any information that you may have!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@SunUp Used to have a female Cape. Unfortunately I can't think of any other members that have them that have posted within the last couple of years.

BirdyGirly

Meeting neighbors
@SunUp Used to have a female Cape. Unfortunately I can't think of any other members that have them that have posted within the last couple of years.
Yes, they seem to be pretty rare on here - all the information I’ve found dates back to quite a few years ago.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We used to have so many members with them it was wonderful. Funnily enough two of them in fact got sisters. But sadly they've all stopped posting. I really miss them and their flocks.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Message Parrot Bliss on Youtube. She has both genders, but I'm not sure how old her birds are.

BirdyGirly

Meeting neighbors
Message Parrot Bliss on Youtube. She has both genders, but I'm not sure how old her birds are.
Love her! I watched her videos on Capes about 100 times, but I don’t think any of her Capes have hit puberty - I could be wrong, though. She suggests getting a male in one of her videos, but her female ADORES her!

Kim1

Moving in
I think I saw the same video, where she recommended males, b/c they are less one-person birds, in her experience. Her female cape adores her, but only lets her husband feed her a nut or something like that.

BirdyGirly

Meeting neighbors
I think I saw the same video, where she recommended males, b/c they are less one-person birds, in her experience. Her female cape adores her, but only lets her husband feed her a nut or something like that.
I actually ended up getting a female Cape… In researching the species further, the females seem to be less aggressive as adults and when the are hormonal… She’s an absolute dream delight, and I’d recommend this species to anyone whom would fit a low-key, but full of personality bird!