• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Are Blue Pure Air Purifiers safe?

timpotterf

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Mack
Looking into getting a new air purifier after finding out mine had ionizers active all the time. I was looking at the Blue Pure 411 since it is slim, inexpensive, and enough to cover my studio apartment. Link here. The do not emit ozone, UV, or ions, but state the following.
"We do not utilize any type of UV's in our technology. There are ionizers inside of this machine, however our machines have all been tested to remove ozone from the room that they are in. If you have any further questions about this please feel free to email us at info@blueair.com."
I am not sure what makes ionizers unsafe, but have seen several people recommend BlueAir, so I am lost:sad10:
Any input is appreciated!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Never heard of Blue Air. If it has an active ionizer it is best to not use it in a home with birds. I find that statement from the company really confusing as ionizers have been shown to emit ozone. So their product emits ozone but also cleans it?

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I love the Honeywell Tower we have here. It is in with my Cockatoo and the filter needs to be cleaned every 3 to 4 weeks.

They are amazing at the filtering they do. The filter is completely covered in white power from her. So we know it's working!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Not to gross anyone out but....

This happens within 3 to 4 weeks!

20200104_195630.jpg
After knocking the powder out
20200104_200308.jpg
Again, life with a dusty termite!
20200104_195619.jpg
This powder is sticky and so fine. Sticks to walls, floors and her room from walls to floor are wiped down and damp mopped frequently.