• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Are Avian Fashions flight suits outdoor safe??

aDORYble

Strolling the yard
Hi all-

Just received a new flight suit set for Dory (green cheek conure) in the mail. Thing is when I opened it up, I started to realize it might not be what I assumed it was. I wanted an outdoor harness, and in the photos on their website all of their birds are outside. However, I notice the back is Velcro which isn’t super strong. For sure her beak has the strength to open it no problem.

I purchased this because I wanted her to be able to come outdoors with me and be able to fly a bit or feel like she is safe downstairs if people open the doors. But now I’m thinking it might just be a diaper- which I don’t particularly care for. She can poo “on command” anyway so I wouldn’t want to un-train that behavior.

Should I get her started on this to get her used to the idea of wearing something? If the method is like it is on this sheet, it seems easier to get on than others. Or should I not even waste my time?

Any safe outdoor flight harnesses you guys recommend?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
It is intended to be used as a flight suit aka outdoor use. I've never heard of any issues with them tbh.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Practice with it inside until you are more comfortable :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]