• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Are any of you venders having issues getting wood?

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I've put in several orders over the last month or two, and they've taken quite long to get to me.
The last two I put in a week ago haven't even processed. Different shops.
One venders website kicked me out (password issues) or I'd probably have my toys on the way by now. (Sarah!)
I'm hoping my orders process and I get my wood, or I'm going to have to cut down some trees to save my furniture. :wacky:
One vender's in Canada, that I expect to take a bit longer, but the others are in the US.
I do order mostly large wood toys.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I haven't had issues getting wood... It's just gone up 3 times in price. ;) Regardless, I'm busy as heck and even if I got no more orders, it would take me 3 weeks from today to get through the orders in my que right now. I know a lot of other vendors are also being completely swamped with orders. I know I put in a pine order from Avian Antics for Ripley's skewers and it took about a month for it to ship, but they at one point had over 100 orders with 2200 POUNDS of wood to ship out.

I'm guessing the thing people are having a hard time with is simply having enough time!

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Thanks Shawna, it's good to know it's not a wood issue. Better to be too busy, than not have product. :)

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Oh there is a wood issue.... The prices! Omg it's ridiculous. You can buy your just going to pay three times the price. :arghh:

I saw your cart Becky. Seems you didn't have issues loading the items. ???
Unless you order custom items or possibly a toybox I'm pretty darn good in shipping in under 7 days.
So yes.... had you not had issues your order would have been delivered last Friday or at the latest Monday.

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Not having issues getting wood. The prices have tripled in my area on some wood. Some companies are taking longer to ship product. USPS is still taking longer than normal on delivery times. I am currently shipping orders in 1 to 2 business days. Some exceptions to apply.
My biggest issue is getting vine items.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Oh there is a wood issue.... The prices! Omg it's ridiculous. You can buy your just going to pay three times the price. :arghh:I saw your cart Becky. Seems you didn't have issues loading the items. ???
When I tried to pay it asked me to login.
Password wrong, reset password, password wrong.

I have a new password manager that has messed up many of my shopping sites.
I got frustrated, I gave up. :(

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I've also noticed many sites are 'out of stock' of the larger wooden slat toys.
The ones I normally buy are all hard to find these days.
Are more people buying?

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
When I tried to pay it asked me to login.
Password wrong, reset password, password wrong.

I have a new password manager that has messed up many of my shopping sites.
I got frustrated, I gave up. :(
I have this super cute chat button at the bottom of my store. :laugh: No censor so you can four letter word me anytime. ;)
You didn't even notice what I did to your cart did you? Hahaha I was messing with you... but seriously.

I think all the stores are very busy and larger toys are more wood. Some of these small stores can't afford it. We hoard now. You never know what won't be available next week so our shop is PILED with wood. Really doesn't help as we are going through it faster than ever.

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
I've also noticed many sites are 'out of stock' of the larger wooden slat toys.
The ones I normally buy are all hard to find these days.
Are more people buying?
What about ordering pine and filling a stainless skewer. Let me know what pine piece you are looking for and maybe I carry it. I have tons of pine in stock.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
What about ordering pine and filling a stainless skewer. Let me know what pine piece you are looking for and maybe I carry it. I have tons of pine in stock.
Thanks, I really hate building toys, but I do save all savable wood from demolished toys.
I restring as needed. Not pretty, but serviceable.

The wood I need is large 1/4 inch slats. Wimpy macaw sized slats.
Most macaw toys have too thick of wood, my boy likes the thinner slats.

I have this super cute chat button at the bottom of my store. :laugh: No censor so you can four letter word me anytime. ;)
You didn't even notice what I did to your cart did you? Hahaha I was messing with you... but seriously.
I can't get back in. Just tried. I'll have to 're-reset a password'. Running windows 7, so I've been upping my security. It's so good now, even I can't access my sites. :banghead:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
There was a few news reports here a few weeks back about wood issues, even our large stores were having some to pens getting it. Something to do with a new push to stop renewable growing as its not helpful to anything in the environment and we can use other longer term products for building. I’m not sure if the issue here has eased but building sites were being robbed over night of truckloads of wood.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
This is one of our favorite wood toys, all 3 of mine will splinter it. (it's a Bonka Bird toy).
The slats are longer and thin. The ones you showed me are okay thin wise, but not nearly long enough. :(

cluster-chew-bonka-bird.jpg

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Love though that you offered and tried. :heart:
Having a wimp for a macaw makes toy shopping difficult at times.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
If any of those large companies outsource to China, the Philippines, etc to make toys as cheaply as possible, that might be part of it. Lots of things are still bottlenecked as companies in every industry were having issues finding shipping containers and spots on boats to transport goods. And a lot of factories were on limited employees due to COVID. Us smaller guys are cutting wood by hand in our shops or garages, while some bigger companies are going to be at the mercy of a lot more pieces of the puzzle.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I was wandering the same thing. I do buy from some of the big manufacturers, and they're the ones with 'out of order' items.

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My biggest issue is getting vine items.
@calibird Do you have any idea when vine items will be back to full stock? We bought during the SWS but many of the vine items I normally give to all my bunnies were out and have remained out.