• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Aquarium with C02 and birds?

ScaryBird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Josh
So I recently asked this question on an aquarium forum, and got the okay, but wanted to ask a more bird-focused group. I’d like to get a C02 system put on my aquarium to better my plant growth, but am weary about the dangers of C02 around my birds. You see, I have an animal room, and that’s where both my fish and birds live. I do have an air quality monitor that is on 24/7 (it’s actually been very interesting seeing what causes certain pollutants to spike), so I could potentially find out very quickly if the C02 system is consistently putting out C02 into the air. That said, what if there’s a leak in the hose or C02 canister? I work full time, so I could potentially be gone during a mishap like that.

So does anyone have experience with this?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I've had a fish tank with co2 before, with birds, but not in the same room. Didn't have any issues with it leaking. The thing I'd be more worried about is having a large potential drowning danger in the same room as my bird.

ScaryBird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Josh
I've had a fish tank with co2 before, with birds, but not in the same room. Didn't have any issues with it leaking. The thing I'd be more worried about is having a large potential drowning danger in the same room as my bird.
That’s good to know. My aquariums are completely covered for that exact reason. I have a sun conure and lovebird that always try to bathe in the aquarium when I’m cleaning it!

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I use Seachem Flourish Excel. So I don't need to worry about CO2 leaking.