• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

April 2014 Mayor of the Avenue..... Jennifer (DQTimnehs)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bicmeister

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Bichlien
:dance4: Congratulations. I think you and your flock are fantastic!

Timmy&Crash

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rick
Congratulations, well deserved. Enjoyed the interview. I have just my 2 birds and they keep me hopping cant imagine 4. I often think about getting another but think my GF would kill me if I brought another home.
Have been wondering since you have both sexes of Timnehs how do you get through the hormonal periods, do you have to keep them separate? Do they try and breed? Do they get protective of each other?
Wheels turning in my head would love another Timneh ......also dream of a macaw but know my house is too small for that large of a bird.

Any way congrats again and ty for the help you have given me in the past with your replies. :)

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Congratulations! A well deserved award for a thoughtful, caring bird enthusiast! :bounce7: :wave: :yahoo:

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Thanks all! :D
Congratulations, well deserved. Enjoyed the interview. I have just my 2 birds and they keep me hopping cant imagine 4. I often think about getting another but think my GF would kill me if I brought another home.
Have been wondering since you have both sexes of Timnehs how do you get through the hormonal periods, do you have to keep them separate? Do they try and breed? Do they get protective of each other?
Wheels turning in my head would love another Timneh ......also dream of a macaw but know my house is too small for that large of a bird.

Any way congrats again and ty for the help you have given me in the past with your replies. :)

Thanks! :D

Darwin is in the friend zone! ;) :lol: They get along fine from a distance (whistle songs together, etc.) but Quack does not want him in her bubble. He often flies to her play stand and she climbs up and they beak spar. He must have squeezed a little too hard a couple of weeks ago as she screamed and looked very upset after and her beak is still bruised from it. I don't think he meant to hurt her. Sometimes when they beak spar, she makes a water noise which makes me wonder if he slipped her a little wet snack in the process! :wtf: :confused: So, Quack is nesty chewing up paper. Darwin doesn't seem hormonal. I think he may have lost a little confidence with the girls when he broke his wing before I got him as apparently before that he tried to feed every girl he met! :rofl: Some day they might want to be more than friends but I like it just fine the way it is now. A lot less to worry about! (knock on wood)

lexalayne

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa
Congratulations !!!! I always love your posts for quite a few years now!! Friendly, knowledgable, and sooooo helpful.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Great interview! congratulations !:)

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
:congrats3: Jennifer....very well deserved...:congrats: :goodjob:

Timmy&Crash

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rick
Thanks all! :D

Thanks! :D

Darwin is in the friend zone! ;) :lol: They get along fine from a distance (whistle songs together, etc.) but Quack does not want him in her bubble. He often flies to her play stand and she climbs up and they beak spar. He must have squeezed a little too hard a couple of weeks ago as she screamed and looked very upset after and her beak is still bruised from it. I don't think he meant to hurt her. Sometimes when they beak spar, she makes a water noise which makes me wonder if he slipped her a little wet snack in the process! :wtf: :confused: So, Quack is nesty chewing up paper. Darwin doesn't seem hormonal. I think he may have lost a little confidence with the girls when he broke his wing before I got him as apparently before that he tried to feed every girl he met! :rofl: Some day they might want to be more than friends but I like it just fine the way it is now. A lot less to worry about! (knock on wood)

Am hoping or at least thinking about another Timneh one day but maybe I should look for a male as not have to worry about breeding...... have been looking at rescues but I must be nuts the 2 birds we have now are enough of a handful :lol:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:congrats:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Congrats!

Lovebird Lady

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvia
CONGRATULATIONS JENNIFER!!! Very informative interview. Your fids are VERY lucky to have you :)

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
:hug8: :hug8: :hug8:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy