• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Apple Juice & Pellets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KimKimWilliamson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Am I tiring you out with all my questions? LOL

So Im trying to convert Pru to the Harrisons Pellets from the seed mix she came on. (Of course fresh is her main diet, but she really does love this seed mix)

So, after giving them to her whole, ground, mixed in with yummies, and soaked in water I had no success. Well I had heard here soaking them in apple juice might work, and IT DID! This morning she ate six aj soaked pellets with her breakfast. Yeah!

So my question is, how often can I give her this? I assume the Juice is pretty sugary even though I have the natural non concentrated kind.....but I need her to get in the habit of eating these pellets.....

yvette

Real Name
Yvette
What if you dilute the apple juice and soak them? This way it isnt so sweet. I cant see a bit each day being too much.

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Oh thats an idea that hadnt occured to me, I will try that. I imagine it will only be for a week or so anyways until she decides to eat them plain. Fingers crossed!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Maybe you could try unsweeted apple juice. It has some sugar but it is natural sugar, the same as she would get from eating a piece of fruit.

Matt

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Organic unsweetened apple juice would be the best and yes you could mix it with some water. You could also try organic applesauce to mix it with too!

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Yeah, thats the kind I have, though I hadnt considered organic. Im gonna get on that! And I suppose your right, it wouldnt be much different than feeding her an apple everyday.....Im hoping this works so we can get rid of that pesky seed mix.

And applesauce eh? Not to sugary? Id have to seek out organic stuff Im sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.