• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Apparently, Taco's for sale!

Karnkate

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Karnkate (Lookkaew/Crystal)
I think identity theft is pretty certain because she had impersonated the OP for every “transaction” of her fids.
Not a lawyer, but do you think that the “friend” will be able to hire a lawyer and use an excuse like “I am OP’s friend” to make the severity of the crime lessened? It’s a pretty lame defense, but you’ll have to do anything to prove yourself innocent before the jury, I guess....

Last edited:

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Report her to the police for fraud and identity theft.

Find out what newspaper she advertised them in and let them know.

Then surgically remove this person from your life - put your social media on lockdown if you need to - and let mutual friends know why you're doing it. After all, they deserve to know.

This person is not a friend. There's something very wrong with her.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
The first thing that came to my mind is what kind of danger has she put you and your birds into. Giving your address out and advertising that you have parrots is unbelievably dangerous. There are lots of nuts out there and one of them may come to your door and when you aren't home, or even worse when you are home.

Do you have a burglar alarm on your home? Do you have a peephole in your door? Do you have a chain on your door? You had better get all three and always use the peephole before answering the door.

What an ignorant SOB that broad is. I'd be tempted to file a complaint against her and see how she likes the trouble you've been put through.
Amen to this Sistah! The actual first thing that came to my mind was what kind of ding dong shows up at a strangers house at 9:30 at NIGHT to buy a bird... and didn't call first to see if it was ok. This stinks of something very suspicious..

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Amen to this Sistah! The actual first thing that came to my mind was what kind of ding dong shows up at a strangers house at 9:30 at NIGHT to buy a bird... and didn't call first to see if it was ok. This stinks of something very suspicious..
To be fair to him, he probably did call first and the "friend" probably said it was fine, come on over!

Temi's Tavern

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Temi
Oh heck no! Its great that the guy was understanding but seriously, your so called friend is crazy if she thought she could do that!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I'm currently still grilling her for what she did, and just found out the going rates for the other three fids:

$100 for Kamara
$50 for Aurélie
$10 for Kraz

Ten bucks for a fid who's been with me since I was fourteen years old. Solid.

I honestly feel really bad for the guy who came to adopt Taco. He was just as confused as I was, and incredibly apologetic and horrified once he realised that he'd been taken in by a liar, and sent out to buy an unsuspecting stranger's dearly beloved pet. He told me that he'd been talking to my "friend" for an entire week, chatting back and forth about Taco and getting increasingly excited about meeting him; the guy has two macaws himself, and was looking forward to a third.

I'm not the only one who's been victimised by this brash, thoughtless idea of hers.

I've gone up one side of her and down the other, and she seems to have an inkling that what she did was horrific and cruel, but she's also continuing to try to defend herself. We're not close friends by any stretch, and while she's never done anything wrong by me before, I'm well and truly over her. What an absolute nutball.
Post an ad in the paper: "For a good time - call Slut @ 123-456-7890, While Debbie does Dallas, I'll go Around the World".
Excuse for doing so: I did this so you'd be kept so busy and be so tired you wouldn't have time to think about anything else.

You do have one recourse and that is to print a notice in the newspaper warning/advising that someone has been impersonating you and putting your pets up for sale without your knowledge or consent. Technically, she should be reported to the police not only for the impersonation but also for giving random people your address and putting your pets up for sale without your knowledge or consent.

Last edited:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
This is unbelievably awful.

How many people are out there now that know where your birds live?

She violated your trust. She has exposed you and your family (birds are family) to possible harm.

I would let the authorities and the newspaper know what she has done. Maybe she has a history of this.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Post an ad in the paper: "For a good time - call Slut @ 123-456-7890, While Debbie does Dallas, I'll go Around the World".
Excuse for doing so: I did this so you'd be kept so busy and be so tired you wouldn't have time to think about anything else.
:faint::coffeescreen::rofl:

Only you......

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
She gave me a list of people she's been in contact with (thirty five in all) and although she claims to have told them the truth, I personally emailed every one of them to explain the situation. Let's hope that actually is all of them.

She hasn't yet told me which paper she advertised in, so I'm going to scope out every one I know of. I've also called all the major ones to make them aware of false advertisements being posted in my name.

I'm not really into the idea of reporting people to the police in general, but yeah this gal needs a good slap in the face to understand what she's done.

I also put a note on my door that claims that I have no birds, and the ads in the paper are scams. Hopefully that's convincing enough to potential thieves. I did keep up the "beware of dog" sign. Do you think a fake video surveillance sticker will fool anyone? Lol.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
No, I don't believe it's a joke.
Some people feel the need to butt into others lives when there are pets involved. Maybe they are jealous, or tired of hearing about how much our pets mean to us. They are selfish, sometime hurtful, sometimes self involved.
ETA: Not anyone here..

Last edited:

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
To be fair to him, he probably did call first and the "friend" probably said it was fine, come on over!
Everyone who's come to my house has had a "meeting" arranged. She told him to come at 9:30, because I guess she realised that I was at work when everyone else came by. She doesn't know my schedule so sent him at night hoping I'd be home by then. Knobhead.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
OH boy, I was so fixed on the threat to my fids, I clear forgot that she put almost everyone up for sale. A couple of the potential buyers I emailed were confused at the mention of birds; one was hoping to buy my beautiful Sam, my python, for the rock-bottom price of $30 including her custom PVC terrarium (she's a normal royal but she's six years old and beautiful, not to mention special needs), another was being offered my goldfish pair, including their 75 gal tank and all accessories for $80 total, and another was planning to buy my Irian Jaya blue tongue skink, Dora (again with terrarium and all fixtures), for $100.

I confronted her again, and she admitted to also offering up my cat and my dog. For free. F R E E.