• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Apparently my bird's my guard dog

Hbrooks90

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Heidi
So I'm currently 8 1/2 months pregnant and took my cockatiel Cheeto with me to the gas station a few of my friends work at to get a snack and one of them asked to feel my belly, i said yes and as soon as she put her hand on it Cheeto came unglued lol. She climbed down from my shoulder to my stomach with wings up, hissing, snapping and squawking at her everytime she tried to touch my belly :lol:so apparently not only does she consider herself a human she's also me and my baby's body guard, made my day lol

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Congratulations on your baby! I think that’s so cute that your bird is protective of you and your baby. :heart: I wonder how much she understands. More than we think I’m sure.

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Aww that's so sweet!!!:loveshower::swoon:

Skyandkiwi

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Misk
Awwww! What a precious moment!

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Birds will do things like that. The chosen one and their soon to be chic must be defended at all costs. If you ever don't feel well be prepared for a watch bird to sit quietly by you to make sure you are OK and comfort you.

Hbrooks90

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Heidi
Thank y'all :swoon: ive learned that animals have a better sense of what's to come than we do, the past couple days I've been in and out of labor and she refuses to leave my side so I catch myself paying more attention to her actions than anything lol. She's becoming so protective she wont even let my husband around me all the time, shes something else :laughin: