• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Apollo looks very sick.

Serentonin

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Seren
He is acting totally out of character. Usually he is quite noisy and loves to run around and yell at me but today he has been dead silent.
He threw up twice and his poop is discoloured. It looks red/orange. I gave him carrots the other day but he might’ve gotten into some sweets of mine I had on my desk. I gave him his favourite food and some seeds and water but all he did was nibble. He is very puffed up and is trying to sleep away his illness, his eyes are closing and opening and he is letting me touch him all over which he never ever does. All his usual triggers to perk him up are not working, I’ve put a small little cloth on him up keep him warm but I’m very worried. His clinic is not open until 8 am tomorrow. What should I do? There’s only one avian clinic and they are closed.

Attachments

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Keep him very warm and as quiet as you possibly can. If you can give him water, that would be good and try to get him to eat. Then off to the vet as soon as possible.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
You may have to syringe water into him. One drop at a time. Call your vet and see if they have emergency clinic phone number.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry that Apollo is not feeling well. Keep him warm and let him rest. Make sure he is staying hydrated.
Does he eat pellets? You could soak those in warm water and see if he will eat some on his own or take some off your finger.
Hope he will be OK.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
How is Apollo doing? I hope he´s ok!