• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

apartment

trackpaw

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Stacia
I don't know if this question has been posted before, but I'm moving into an apartment soon. I'm worried about if other tenents use candles or self-cleaning oven features. Do I need to somehow purify the air? Should I keep her at my parent's house, and visit often? Shes a linnie if that helps

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Hello and welcome!

I have had birds for the last 38 years and I have lived and managed apt buildings for the last 35 years, and still do so. Have never had any issues with my babies. you may want to ask if the manager would put in or let you put in a door sweep depending on the gap at the bottom of your door and possiblly some weather strip around your door, to put your mind at ease, but I have never had any of it and all the birds have been fine, tiels, lovebirds and parrotlets.

hope this helps you some. :heart:

trackpaw

Real Name
Stacia
Hello and welcome!

I have had birds for the last 38 years and I have lived and managed apt buildings for the last 35 years, and still do so. Have never had any issues with my babies. you may want to ask if the manager would put in or let you put in a door sweep depending on the gap at the bottom of your door and possiblly some weather strip around your door, to put your mind at ease, but I have never had any of it and all the birds have been fine, tiels, lovebirds and parrotlets.

hope this helps you some. :heart:
Thanks, this eases my mind. Is there any way to try to make my bird a little quieter, blankets on the wall maybe? I'm worried she will be too loud

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
I’ve never had any issues for that. I’ve always kept the cages on a wall that does not border the neighbouring suite, and though the birds can be heard in the hallway, they don’t tend to scream all day so I have found tenants ignore them for the few times they squawk louder than usual.

A good thing to do is let your neighbours know you have a bird, and to let you know if they hear them And are a bother or check with them after a few days..It shows that you are respectful of their feelings which goes a long way in them being more tolerant....

I have a tenant that has a rainbow lorikeet which tends to be loud, and though neighbours can hear her, once they know what the sound is from, after a few days they don’t notice her anymore . It’s like traffic noise, we tend to adapt to the noise...

I do not know how loud linnies can be but it can’t be any louder than a lorikeet I would think...:D

trackpaw

Real Name
Stacia
I’ve never had any issues for that. I’ve always kept the cages on a wall that does not border the neighbouring suite, and though the birds can be heard in the hallway, they don’t tend to scream all day so I have found tenants ignore them for the few times they squawk louder than usual.

A good thing to do is let your neighbours know you have a bird, and to let you know if they hear them And are a bother or check with them after a few days..It shows that you are respectful of their feelings which goes a long way in them being more tolerant....

I have a tenant that has a rainbow lorikeet which tends to be loud, and though neighbours can hear her, once they know what the sound is from, after a few days they don’t notice her anymore . It’s like traffic noise, we tend to adapt to the noise...

I do not know how loud linnies can be but it can’t be any louder than a lorikeet I would think...:D
thanks for your responses, they have been very helpful. I'll make sure to tell the neighboring people that we have a bird. she tends to rarely scream so i think it will be okay.

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
Sounds like she won’t be an issue. All the best to you in your new home!:)

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Hello and welcome. You should be fine. I have been living in an apartment for almost 12 years with Cockatiels and I haven't had any issues with any of the neighbors using candles or any self-cleaning features Etc. at their own apartment. You should be okay with the walls that you have in between your apartment and theirs.