• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Apache & Falcon- Sad Update Post #34

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Oh how awful for you all :(
I am so sorry for your losses :sorrow:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I really don't know what to say. :(
I'm very sad for you and your daughter, but also for myself.
We Pi owner here on AA are family and it feels so sad when two to young and very well cared for parrots die. So unfair. :(

Hug your daughter, show her pics of them alive and happy and talk about them so she can place something else in her head instead of that horrible accident.
I know it will make you sorry, but I will be sending comforting and healing thoughts and strength your way, my twin parrot sister. ❤❤❤

Ella.pi

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Thank you all for your kind words... little by little, I know the pain will fade and we will be left with a ton of beautiful memories. I'm happy I got to share some with you along the way and it's comforting to know that they had each other until the end too. They had a short life but at least, it was packed with companionship, fresh air and sunshine as well as lots of birdy adventures. Unfortunately, too many birds, no matter how long lived, don't ever get to experience what we see as normal... and I find that even more tragic.

It's comforting to talk with people that actually get it... nobody I know realy understands. I've even got a few "at least, you didn't loose the other two!" of course I'm very grateful for that, but not the way most people think. Just because our pi boys weren't sociable, they would ignore anyone that wasn't part of their family, so I guess they seemed less interesting to folks than our two crazy chickens. As understanding as I try to be, I don't like the way they seem to rate the importance of their lives. On the other hand, I'm not surprised... I guess you have to experience life with a parrot to realise what amazing little feathered souls they are.

jh81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
Oh No! I wanted to post how pretty you look, and how wonderful your birds are! And then i saw the last page :(
loosing a parrot, its heartbreaking i imagine! I hope you can find it in your heart to maybe adopt new Pi’s? They are so sweet and i imagine some are in so much need of all the love you clearly have to give!

And please dont forget, you gave them possibly the best gift anyone could give them! Freedom in the outdoors, in an aviary that is SO magnificenty large.. i am sure they where very happy all the way!

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I am so very sorry...

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry. I always liked hearing about Falcon in particular as he was so close in age to Leia.

I can't imagine how heartbroken you and your family are.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
:sadhug: I'm so sorry this happened to your family.

Ella.pi

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Thank you... :sorrow:I'd love to hug you all but I'll raise this parting glass with you instead. For those who can't relate, i'll share this traditional song I love, so you get what it's all about...:grouphug3:

20200407_063951.jpg

tka, I enjoy following Leia's updates too... :kiss2: I will always love keeping an eye on all your sweetie pies adventures.

Lincee, maybe one day I'll feel like honoring their memories by taking care of a pionus in need... I don't know if It'll ever happen, I still feel too much guilt... but I like the idea of it. Thank you...:flowers:

Karenza

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Karen
Oh my!!! Please accept my condolences. I know all to well how much it hurts to loose a pet. I have lost a couple of dogs. I just bought my first parrot a couple weeks ago, good grief I hope I don't have to go through that no time soon. At least you still have your others to love. Take care. ❤

Reactions: Ali

brayark

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Chris
I'm so sorry fore you losses non parrot people could never understand as they beliive them to be just birds not the lovely souls with the intelligence of a toddler we all know them to be !

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
I'm so deeply sorry for your loss. I never know what to say. Your devotion is so apparent, and I suspect that's why the grief is so intense. I get the extra layer of some people's reaction adding to burden, it's awful. I'm just so sorry.

Reactions: tka

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I am so sorry. For you, your children, your birds.

We had 2 dogs break into our rabbit/chicken area when my kids were about that age. My son was 9 and saw the dogs so he and I were screaming and chasing as they raced from one animal to the next breaking their necks. My daughter was 8 and hand raised the orphan baby rabbits that were left. The carnage was horrific.

Thank you so much for the Parting Glass, it’s a tune I play in my Celtic fiddle repertoire and was a beautiful version.