• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anyone with a female Red-bellied parrot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
Please show off some pictures :)

I want one really bad and might be able to get one in the spring, and I'd like to see pictures while I'm waiting. There seems to be so much more available pictures of males to look at..

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
I had a little girl Years ago,I might be able to find some pics(might take awhile) But I wanted to tell You that She was the absolute sweetest Bird,had the softest feathers I have ever felt and she would roll over on her back on command:DShe-Unlike the Male:( Did NOT get agressive when she reached Maturity! The Females are wonderful and what they lack in color-they more then make up for in Sweetness:hug8:

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Here is Cienna. She passed away last year - she was just the sweetest bird you could ever hope for :(
cienna.jpg

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
Oh I've heard that they tend to be a bit sweeter than the males, a little calmer.
Mind you, my Joey should be right dab in his teenage years (he's 4, going on 5 in March) and he isn't too bad to deal with. He is my little clown bird and I love his personality and would love to have a calmer version of him ;)

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
Here is Cienna. She passed away last year - she was just the sweetest bird you could ever hope for :(
View attachment 13079
Oh my gosh she was lovely. Sorry for your loss.

I thought at first that females were rather dull looking compared to males, based on a few pictures I have seen. After seeing one in person, I found them just as lovely. Their beauty is more subtle and pictures don't do them entirely justice.

tracieerin

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tracie
I hope you get her! Here's my Flickr for Penny: Penelope (Penny) - a set on Flickr. There are some baby pictures in there to pump you up LOL. RB baby girls are so adorable with their dark eyes and peachy tummies.

Also you may want to check out Penny's breeder's site. There are lots of pictures of females, both babies and adults (adults are under the Pets section). Gallery

tracieerin

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tracie
PS you are a great photographer - I really hope you get one so I can see the pics!

Babybreau

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tanya
Susan (aka birdlover82) has one. She's a doll!!!

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
I hope you get her! Here's my Flickr for Penny: Penelope (Penny) - a set on Flickr. There are some baby pictures in there to pump you up LOL. RB baby girls are so adorable with their dark eyes and peachy tummies.

Also you may want to check out Penny's breeder's site. There are lots of pictures of females, both babies and adults (adults are under the Pets section). Gallery
Thanks for those links!
Penny is a cutie :)

prettyinpink

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica
I'll have to upload some pics of my dad's bird for ya.

Lotsa Birds

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Sandy
I have to get some new pic's of my baby. I started calling her "Beep" because of her beeping sound she does and the name stuck. She is about 10 weeks old now, flying everywhere.... Wow, are RB's agile. She could fly and land well the first day she started flying. Looking at the site someone just posted about a breeder that has pictures, she looks identical to the one named Bunnee. I just love her, she is a sweetheart.
Sandy

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Sorry I'm so slow getting to this. Started the other day and then firefox crashed one me.
But here are some pics of Pretty my husbands female Red Belly. That's her choice not his although he's absolutely in love with her.
She is a sweet heart though with him and a little stinker with me. I still love her though.
My husband giving her under the wing kisses

Playing on the swing that our SS gave us

You can see she doesn't have as much green as some of the other females but more orange.
Sorry my picture quality isn't the best. I really need to have someone teach me how to use my camera in person.:o:

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
Pretty's name really suits her well :)

tammie

Real Name
Tammie
I have just out of the nest box, can't tell their sex and they are too young to dna yet. Will post photos later on.

southernbirds

Beautiful eyes and expression. I have never seen one in person. How long have you had her?

Lotsa Birds

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Sandy
Aww....... Pretty is a great name for her :) My baby has her coloring, except her eyes haven't changed to red yet. I can't wait. Anyone know when their eye color changes (she is 10-11 weeks now)?
Sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.