• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Anyone try Veggie Mix from Exotic Nutrition?

tattoosiva

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
My sister sent a care box and it contained a 3 pound bag of this. My sister emailed the owners and the pea flakes are baked and the other vegetables are dehydrated. No oil or salt is used, just vegetables and as the bag claims it's also suggested for parrots.

I'll post more pictures when I make their before bedtime treat mix.

IMG_20200325_1252235.jpg

mythic55

Avenue Veteran
I have not tried that- That nutrition label seems about right....
I will note: Those yellow pea flakes would account for the extra protein- but that fiber content seems low, I would expect it to be higher. I wonder how they cook them.

I was gifted a bag of Zilla Vegetable and Fruit Mix for reptiles and birds.
Ingredients: Sun dried bok choy and carrots. Freeze dried fruits and vegatables: zucchini, green beans, peas, apples, bananas, strawberries, peaches, pears, mangoes, and blueberries
- Havent done anything with it yet, but they could be great training treats

Last edited:

mythic55

Avenue Veteran
I mention the cooking process, because im curious: I know they said 'baked' but that is a broad term.
Many bird food companies do put lentils and split peas in the mix for wild birds as filler. I would be curious what their detailed process is.

tattoosiva

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Open 3 pound bag:
IMG_20200326_2201439.jpg
Last precious can of FD corn:
IMG_20200326_2204348.jpg IMG_20200326_2206382.jpg
All mixed and ready for beaks:
IMG_20200326_2211154.jpg
They all liked, that's the size cup I use as this a treat but all four are dunkers and water changed 3 times as pea flakes disintegrate quickly in water and we had a Linda Blair VS priest situation. They learn quickly and are eating flakes dry.