• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anyone tried "Pooph"?

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
My dad just messaged me to check out a product he heard about on TV. Pooph is an odor remover that claims to "dismantle odors on a molecular level." It also says enzymatic cleaners (like Nature's Miracle) leave behind odors that cause pets to mess in the same places.

I thought enzymatic cleaners were already supposed to eliminate odors completely, but Duke is still messing and still in the same areas & I'm wondering whether he still smells something that Nature's Miracle isn't getting or whether it's habit. Screenshot_20220710-195527_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20220710-195434_Chrome.jpg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Hmmmm no I haven't heard of it but I am intrigued as I have a senior kitty who lets me know she doesn't like things by peeing on my carpet..... :lol:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hmmmm no I haven't heard of it but I am intrigued as I have a senior kitty who lets me know she doesn't like things by peeing on my carpet..... :lol:
I've been seeing a lot of commercials for it lately and it does seem intriguing.

Harlee<3

Checking out the neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Harlee Varagnolo
Screenshot_20231011_160817_Gmail.jpg I was about to make a post about this!
I emailed the company because I have a senegal parrot now and my carpets need help! He's the only baby left of my flock and he's 6 and healthy so i was wondering if anyone tried it and its safe to be in a room with birds? Elderly dog destroys the carpet and we don't use fragrances or heavy cleaners in house so I'm desperate. This is the email from the company but I don't know if it's going to be safe for him an hour after sprayed or so

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
View attachment 435470 I was about to make a post about this!
I emailed the company because I have a senegal parrot now and my carpets need help! He's the only baby left of my flock and he's 6 and healthy so i was wondering if anyone tried it and its safe to be in a room with birds? Elderly dog destroys the carpet and we don't use fragrances or heavy cleaners in house so I'm desperate. This is the email from the company but I don't know if it's going to be safe for him an hour after sprayed or so
Did you ask them if it was specifically bird safe?

Harlee<3

Checking out the neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Harlee Varagnolo
Did you ask them if it was specifically bird safe?
I did, and if it was specifically tested in smaller birds or parrots, rather than chickens or geese which are larger and much harder to take out for lack of a better phrasing.
Screenshot_20231011_163315_Gmail.jpg
This is what I asked in my email and they keep using a very vague term of "pets"
Who's pet? A lion, a snake, and a golden retriever can all be pets but they are NOTHING alike lol

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I did, and if it was specifically tested in smaller birds or parrots, rather than chickens or geese which are larger and much harder to take out for lack of a better phrasing.
View attachment 435472
This is what I asked in my email and they keep using a very vague term of "pets"
Who's pet? A lion, a snake, and a golden retriever can all be pets but they are NOTHING alike lol
Hmm. I’d probably err on the side of caution given their really vague response..

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Hmm. I’d probably err on the side of caution given their really vague response..
Same.
I found an item for keeping rodents away that claimed to be totally natural and also pet safe. I asked about birds in particular and they said "no worries, all pets are safe" so then I asked how something natural could keep rodents away but not be a problem for any other living being and I wanted the ingredient list due to members of the household having allergies and sensitivities and I got the same kind of reply about protecting their product etc to which I informed them without the actual amounts of each ingredient and the process to make the product the ingredient list was not really giving me the actual recipe to their natural repellant... they sent me a list of ingredients and there were so many toxic natural ingredients in there that I am pleased I pushed for the list as I know some of the ingredients are very harmful to birds, most other pets and also many humans with sensitivities.
If I can't see an ingredient list then I won't buy or use said item and I do not care how awesome it sounds or others say it is- you can never be too safe with loved ones and being sorry rather than safe is something you can't go back and change.