• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anyone know of any parrot rescues/aviaries in the San Antonio Area?

UltraCon

Moving in
Real Name
Ethan Johnson
I'm looking for volunteer work. SeaWorld's closed down, The zoo is too far away, B2l House won't accept minors, T&D Aviary doesn't need any, and everything else I can find is too far away.

What do I do?

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Mikaboo has been in the SF area for a long time. If they don't need volunteers, they may be able to give you information on other rescues in the area.

Mickaboo Companion Bird Rescue
PO Box 697
San Jose, CA 95106

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
San Antonio is in Texas, Mickaboo is in California....But that is a great place anyways!

Yes, it is VERY hard to find a place to volunteer with birds when you're a minor....I wish I could help you, but I don't know much about places in Texas! Maybe you could ask B2l House or T&D Aviary for recommendations? Good luck! :)

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Ooops - guess I just read the "San".

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
There is a rescue in Ferris TX and a sanctuary in Magnolia TX. But I assume those are too far away from you. Try looking for a wildlife rehab, or rarely a private rescue.