• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anyone know of a good store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwilightsImprint

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Erica
Hey guys. I'm looking for a good cheap option for bird toys and toy parts. I know CAbirdnerds have some great prices on toy parts but their selection on toys is rather grim. anyone have any ideas?

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Hey guys. I'm looking for a good cheap option for bird toys and toy parts. I know CAbirdnerds have some great prices on toy parts but their selection on toys is rather grim. anyone have any ideas?
Really?? I have been ordering (and ordering and ordering) from CA Bird Nerds, i think that they have TONS of stuff. Maybe you need to creep around the site more. I have been getting some really fabulous stuff from there. The only othe rplace you might try is Micheals, if they have them in your area, it's a craft store. I found some stuff there but nothing like bird nerds (which I am totally addicted to by the way, thanks to Saroj).

Vicki

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Ann
Sorry about not having a whole lot of toys. We used to carry alot more toys. However, everyone seemed to go for the toy parts and so the toys were pretty much discontinued as they didnt sell very often. Also most people would see the toys on our site and then buy the parts to make them.:)

TwilightsImprint

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Erica
Sorry about not having a whole lot of toys. We used to carry alot more toys. However, everyone seemed to go for the toy parts and so the toys were pretty much discontinued as they didnt sell very often. Also most people would see the toys on our site and then buy the parts to make them.:)
I really didn't mean to offend you. I just want a place where I can buy for work and buy toy parts at the same time. Though after doing some searching it is very clear that yall have the best prices though I wish your SS wire was a bit cheaper since I'm on a budget and really want it but cant afford 10 feet for 6 bucks... even thought that's practically stealing at that price. But HONESTLY my only complaint is that you dont have big bird toys so that I can buy for work at the same time. I am definately going to be buying toy parts from yall very soon. I actually already have a basket.

Tamara

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tamara R Money
Thanks Marlene! I was going to say... hey! check us out... ;) :heart:

TwilightsImprint

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Erica
I'm already planning on going there this weekend for food. I'm really excited about it actually. I'm so glad that the stillwater bird fair was scheduled around this.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
I know, CA bird nerds is awesome!! They have a wonderful selection of toy parts!

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I'm already planning on going there this weekend for food. I'm really excited about it actually. I'm so glad that the stillwater bird fair was scheduled around this.
They are one of the major vendors at the bird fair and I think a majority of the people that go to the fair go to their sale.

IowaGal

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Michelle
If you want to go somewhere to buy toys that is not real far from you Bird Cages, Parrot Cage, Supplies, Bird Food, Toys - Love On The Wing is having their annual bird toy sale this weekend. Everything is 30% -50% off. I plan on spending lots of money there this weekend :p
We bought Delilah's cage from them when they were here for the bird fair. They are wonderful folks with incredible prices! I was so impressed with their prices and the quality products they carry, as well as their knowledge. I will definitely be swinging by their booth again next year to buy another cage for our TAG Emily.

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Ann
You didnt offend me. All is good.:hug8:
Stainless Steel is quite expensive. Believe me I wish it wasn't.
At times I have thought about bringing some toys back. However, I am the only employee that California Bird Nerds has. I do get some help with cutting larger pine pieces from my husband. The table saw scares me to death. I can handle the band saw and the miter saw. So everything you get from me is pretty much done by me. By not having employees I am able to keep me costs low.
I really didn't mean to offend you. I just want a place where I can buy for work and buy toy parts at the same time. Though after doing some searching it is very clear that yall have the best prices though I wish your SS wire was a bit cheaper since I'm on a budget and really want it but cant afford 10 feet for 6 bucks... even thought that's practically stealing at that price. But HONESTLY my only complaint is that you dont have big bird toys so that I can buy for work at the same time. I am definately going to be buying toy parts from yall very soon. I actually already have a basket.

lamagdalena

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
Last edited:

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Ann
Thank you Billie for the info. However, I think I will continue to let that be hubby's job.;)

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
I highly recommend True Love Aviary. They are the best online store I have ever dealt with.

Status
Not open for further replies.