• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anyone know anything about wearable head cameras?

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I know they make video cameras you can wear on your head, but do they make wearable cameras you can take snap shots with? I'm interested in one you can wear on your head.

Cassiopejaz

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daniel
Depends on what u want..wearing on ur head sounds like an actioncamera.

And there is a some diffrent types of action cameras and the most known is Go Pro. And u can buy diffrent types of mounts like cheststrap or headstrap.

It records vids up to 5k..and it does take photos to..it has voice commands etc

Toy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What I have in mind is a single shot camera I can wear, like the video cameras, on my head & just tap a button & take a photo. I've seen the video cameras that are on your head/side of face & they shoot where you are looking. JaKhu (B&G Macaw) is often on my lap, on her back, acting silly, usually with one of my hands in her foot, etc. There's no way I could wrangle a camera & take photos while she is doing this stuff. I've missed many good photos of her.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
@saroj12 has a go pro that I’m pretty sure she wears on her head? Lol

TrueBlue

Strolling the yard
Like @Cassiopejaz mentioned, a gopro would be the most common. Most action cams take both video and photos. The photos have different modes from burst mode (lots at one time) to intervals (time lapse). Even my 360 cam takes photos. You can even take photo captures from video footage (though quality will suffer just a bit). Types of mounts are endless. I do have both the head mount (top) and chest mount (bottom) for my gopro.
20210402_001152.jpg

Cassiopejaz

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daniel
What I have in mind is a single shot camera I can wear, like the video cameras, on my head & just tap a button & take a photo. I've seen the video cameras that are on your head/side of face & they shoot where you are looking. JaKhu (B&G Macaw) is often on my lap, on her back, acting silly, usually with one of my hands in her foot, etc. There's no way I could wrangle a camera & take photos while she is doing this stuff. I've missed many good photos of her.
U can take photos with the Go Pro it also has 2 diffrent burst settings wich is perfect when u want to take the perfect photo on a moving target..

GoPro – Action Cameras, 360 Camera + Accessories check it. I invested in a Go Pro 9 and it does take great photos it also takes photos in RAW ( if you are in to editing ur photos)

And u can record and then take pic out of the recording.

Last edited:

TrueBlue

Strolling the yard
Gopros are wide angle lenses so they capture a lot. If you don't want to worry about not having the cam pointing at the right direction, then look at a 360 cams. I have an older version from Insta, but they also have a tiny version called the
If you're not wanting to worry if the camera is pointing in the right direction, look at a 360 cam. You can set it down anywhere pointing in any direction.

Note: This one would look goofy mounted on your head, but it can be done :roflmao:.
20210402_003559.jpg

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I've not seen any, but haven't looked either.
I'm guessing any small digital with a shutter button cord could be utilized on a head strap.
Not sure how well the focus would work though.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
The gopro has a phone app to control the camera. It also takes pictures